Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballast-help!

Default Ballast-help!

I am a new member and i own a 2006 Moomba Mobius LS. The ballast completely full is not doing it for me. I need some help and input on Fat Sacs. Where to put them, how much weight can i have without sinking the boat, brand, size, etc. There is already little walking space with the engine in the middle so that is not a problem. any input greatly appreciated.

Is that with the 3 part ballast (2 under the seat and 1 in the locker), or just the single rear ballast? Only reason I ask is because I'm actually looking at purchasing the same boat, a 2006 mobius LS with the 3 part system and wake plate. I have been slightly concerned about the wake potential for boarding and surfing, so if you could provide any feedback I'd really appreciate it. The boat looks awesome, just want to ask someone who actually owns one what they think. I have been hind a supra DD and the wake seemed pretty good, but that was comparing it to my IO.

There is a 400lbs tank under the back seat. I wakeboard and wakesurf ALOT. Wakeboarding- If you get 5 people in it its not bad. Wakesurfing is terrible. I have an idea of what im going to do ballast wise. It is fixable... just stock isnt getting it done. Im going to add some major weight for wakesurfing but i can live with the wakeboard wake (but im going bigger anyway). I would get a Vdrive if you dont slolam ski. cant go back now but the DD is annoying. radio also has no AUX input. fyi
    2006 Mobius LS
    Liquid Force Harley, Liquid Force Watson

Have you considered this single fat sac as a solution? http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-i...-surf-sac.html
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

^^^ my neighbor has that thing and its ridiculous lol. Throws a wave up to my nipples in his x-2. Am I allowed to say nipples on this forum? Nipples.
    Last edited by lewisb13; 10-10-2012 at 11:05 AM.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Nipples is fine.

X-2, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Nipples is fine.

X-2, not so much.
    we need a like button on here

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

yea i saw that but its 1000 pounds and for the same price i can get two 750s
    2006 Mobius LS
    Liquid Force Harley, Liquid Force Watson

I have an '08 Mobius LS.
    400 hard tank full, 400lb fat sac in front walk way, 750lb fat sac between engine and back seat (surf side), 400lb on seat (adjust accordingly), 750lb fat sac on side of engine (surf side) 2700 lbs total. Speed between 9.8-11.5 mph (adjust acordingly, style of board, wake preference, length, height, push, water conditions) no wake plate. Very surfable wave, still able to control boat with no problems (wife drives while we surf) but she is a great driver.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....rf-Wakes/page3 (scroll down about 2/3 of the page)
    Some links to pictures when we only had 1900lbs of ballast. Wake now has more push, better length with the heavier weight. You don't have a lot of walk around space, but who cares when you are having fun on the lake with the family.
    Patrick
    '08 Mobius LS. 4 Blade OJ 13x13 Prop.
    Kenwood KMR440U & RC107MR, T600-2 Rockford Fosgate powering 2 Liquid Acoustics 8" HLCD, Kicker SKM10 subwoofer
    5 light- light bar.
    2015 RAM 3500HD Dually 6.7 Diesel w/ Aisin 6 speed tranny
    Live life today!

We run (2) 750's in an L config in the rear and 400 upfront port side
    that with 3-4 passenger is about all she can take.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo