Thread: Fusion Deck

Default Fusion Deck

So I show up at my dads house yesterday and his is digging all through his bayliner putting in a new stereo. Upon further inspection I find that he has found all my factory kicker gear from my LSV and is installed it in his boat, he claims it's my christmas present to him. Anyways he has this "fusion" head unit that is really neat. Completely sealed, face opens up to insert a USB drive or iPod. It has a 2 1/2 inch or so color display screen that you can scroll thru your iPod on and a separate remote for the transom that also has a LCD screen on it (not color). I have never heard of these but he aims they are the best, anyone else had any experience with these?

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Not the deck but there speakers. They didn't take power very well and blew pretty quick.

Do you know the deck model number?

Look it up and see what the voltage of the RCA is.

For myself though with all the stereo gear I've had experience with there is only a couple brands I would spend my money on and that's not one of me.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

sooo if i was going to take out my crappy alpine mandley..what would you buy
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

The manual says 3VRMS preouts.
    The model number is MS-IP700

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by motosno963 View Post
    sooo if i was going to take out my crappy alpine mandley..what would you buy
    Well cant say much about your crappy Alpine but...

Alpine has always been good to me in decks
    Kenwood has always been good
    Pioneer, Sony, and JVC not my first choice but im not against them.

The main thing is look for 4V Preout if you want to run amps off the decks RCA, this will give the amp a much cleaner sound, when i first put my Exile stereo in 4 years ago my factory Kenwood sounded good to me but when i upgraded to the 700U at the advise of Exile it sounded 10xs better

If your going to running the system threw a ZLD or a Wetsounds 420 i think you can be just fine with less then 4V pre outs as the other two units will boost the power tot he amps and make them sound the way they should.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Fusion seems to be a little pricey for what it is. Maybe they hold up well with salt water washing onto them or something.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I've come to the realization that having a little more robust source unit preamp is a benefit even when using an external processor, such as an EQ. If you have enough preamp voltage to have unity gain with the same voltage in and out this removes much of the gain multiplication responsibility from the processor and can radically reduce the noise floor (namely 'hiss').

David
    Earmark Marine