Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default NFL replacement refs

OK. I've been trying to give these replacement refs the benefit of the doubt but after this mess with the aGreen Bay vs Seattle game, I'm about done with this crap. I wasn't wanting one team or the other to win, so I could care less about who gets the W, but this is just stupid. When the announcers have to go on and on about one team being "jobbed" and saying they "can't believe" what they have seen, I'm going to have my Sundays open for awhile and pack all my football into enjoyable Satudays.

It's too bad the NFL knows people will still watch. I would happily boycott a Sunday to end this crap!
    -Jake

While the replacement refs are having issues, I can't support the demands of the "real" refs. A part time job for over $200K/yr, with retirement and all other benefits and they are complaining. Come on man!

The replacement refs are very consistent in being different/wrong. I think that makes the games even among teams.

As for last night, I saw it on sports center this morning. Very difficult call, no matter if it is regular or replacement refs. Unlike the Pats/Ravens game, they did review it. If it were called interception, then the media would be calling it wrong too.

I think that by the time a contract is reached, the replacement refs will have improved to a point that it isn't an issue. I am pretty much anti-union in the way unions are ran in today's workforce.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I'll merge this thread and the nfl smack talk thread and say that if either team had a commanding lead then one call would not effect the win or lose. Last year was a fluke for AR and if he wasn't so busy with his discount double take commercials he might be able to grab a W for his team and for my fantasy team!!

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

I love how they make a dozen bad calls/non calls during the game but the last one is the one that decided the game. If you look at it as a whole it was GB that received the benefit of more of the bad calls. The pendulum swung back the other way at the right time for the Seahawks though. It's comical how bad it is.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Well, that one shows clearly the WR had the ball.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I can't even comment.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Saw this headline:

Russell Wilson Throws Game Winning Interception, Beats Packers 14-12.

And to think in a few weeks I will be visiting family in Wisconsin and Minnesota (all Packers fans) and to hear their grumbling. It is an even better argument to finish 14-2 and laugh that one off. The Seadogs are in a tough conference and need any win they can get.
    Last edited by zabooda; 09-25-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

-Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"