Default How does jack mate with trailer?

My trailer jack fell off...would someone mind taking a closeup pic of where your trailer jack is connected to the trailer? I just don't see how it was ever stable in the first place.
    ===================================
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by dhyams View Post
    How does jack mate with trailer?
    Well first he takes her out for dinner, a bottle of wine, maybe some dancing and a walk in the moonlight. Then they go back to his place for a nightcap and....

Ok ok, I'll see if I can dig something up. May have a shot when I was overhauling my trailer last Spring.
    Last edited by bergermaister; 09-21-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

eh, sorry my pic is pretty much worthless.

You may try contacting one of the guys who participated in the Group Buy on the Fulton F2 jacks recently. There were a handful of them at least and somebody's probably got a few pics of their install, before/after.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....g-instructions
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I believe there was a large flat washer behind the nut on the jack

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

If the jack fell off, it would be interesting to see what you have going on. Assuming its still original, there is a single stud and bolt holding the jack onto the frame. There is a welded on bracket on the frame. The link has a picture of the OEM welded on bracket; http://www.etrailer.com/p-P9012-00.html

If the stud broke off, you have a couple options for replacement. Weld on plate for new Fulton F2 jack, repair/replace OE style bracket, or get clamp on jack replacement.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Well first he takes her out for dinner, a bottle of wine, maybe some dancing and a walk in the moonlight. Then they go back to his place for a nightcap and....
    Well, in the south it's a lot easier than that. Somethin' bout a truck in a farmer's field .. .. .
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Hi, thanks for the replies. Mine was missing the flat washer apparently. When the jack came off, the nut just slipped right through the hole in the jack.

I tried, a few days ago, to just put some stainless flat washers there (just guessing that the it was the flat washer that was missing), but still I was really uncomfortable with the setup...even though it did manage to keep the jack on. The jack leaned to the outside, and I figured it was just a matter of time before the washers that I put in gave way. I also couldn't imagine that a washer was the only thing holding the original jack on...but I guess I was wrong there.

I just replaced with a bolt-on Fulton jack, but the reason that I asked was that I would like to return the trailer to its original jack at some point.
    ===================================
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV