Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

Default Craig's List/eBay finds

Would I notice a big difference between Go Pro Silver and Black edition. I'm not doing pro vids or pics I just want 1080P video. Having a hard time justifying $399 for the black. Not sure how much I would use the remote especially since there is an app that does the same thing right? Someone on the boat could use the app. You can find Silvers all day long on eBay for $250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Honestly the 1080p on our silver's is awesome! The only real difference is the frame rate per second and mainly that is what will determine A. Video stability and B. how much you can slow the video down and keep it seamless. You can also change other things on it too.

I found this article to help compare what the black can do vs the silver. http://camcorders.techcrunch.com/com...-Black-Edition

Mainly, if you don't really want to do a whole lot of editing, just have your video, the silver is a good buy. I have the silver and am still able to edit the videos pretty nicely. The app though does have about a 4 to 6 second delay in the preview part to see what the camera is seeing, but telling it when to start/stop recording is instant.
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

IMO the frame rate and coming with the remote make the Black the way to go.
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

I'm liking the idea of a remote you wear to turn on and off as you ride - only you really know what you're setting up for but more importantly when - and you're not going to have your phone back there with you. That right there can save you heaps of time reviewing/editing out a bunch of blah footage and eating up your memory card too fast while you're out.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Could always buy the camera from ebay for $250ish and then buy the remote separate. Still comining in almost $100 cheaper than the black...I'm no pro and will never be so the framerate doesn't make a difference really as I won't be doing the editing necessary to have such a fast frame rate. As long as it looks good in 1080P on my TV I'm a happy guy. My handheld SONY HD camera does well to but I always have to have someone holding it. The GoPro just makes it easier. So yeah I guess the remote would come in handy...stick it and forget it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GoPro-HD-HER...item1c3159cbb1

Now, is the frame rate worth an extra $80?
    Last edited by E4NASH; 04-10-2013 at 03:34 PM.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

The remote is clutch in my opinion. It's great to be able to start and stop the camera at will while you're behind the boat. Not to mention you can change the mode of the camera from the remote. So, if you want to go to burst mode to get still motion shots, easy. And then you can change it right back to video if you want. The only caveat is once you submerge the remote, the signal won't make it to the camera. So, if you are recoding, and you crash, or don't get the button pushed in time, you'll be recording the boat turning around to get you until you can get signal again. Not a big deal, just something to keep in mind. It's priceless. I used it all summer and got some killer shots while using the remote on my wrist.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

I was thinking about the wasted recording time when you don't have a remote. Turn on camera, jump in, answer questions "yes PP is all set and ready", "yeah, head that way", "yeah the ballast is filled", yell at kids to hold up flag, wait for boat to pull away, wait for driver (wife) to be ready to go, kids to quit moving around, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeg333 View Post
    It's priceless. I used it all summer and got some killer shots while using the remote on my wrist.
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Are you able to run it off your iPad if you don't have Internet connection? Would my iPhone work with it as a remote and could I play the videos onto my phone from it?
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    Are you able to run it off your iPad if you don't have Internet connection? Would my iPhone work with it as a remote and could I play the videos onto my phone from it?
    The iPhone and iPad will operate the camera as the Camera acts basically as a hotspot allowing you to connect to it, just without access to the internet or anything. It's a wireless type network that you access by your phone. Once you connect, you have to install the GoPro App and then you can go in, change the settings, preview what the GoPro see's, delete the last file taken, etc. Only thing you cannot do with the GoPro App is review the things you've already shot. However on the preview of what the camera see's, theres about a 4 to 6 second delay before the image relays back and displays on the phone. Commands are, however, instant. Also, the GoPro isn't really good at still shots in single snaps as it has about a 1.5 to 1.8 second delay on when you press the button and when the picture takes, so the burst mode is the best for action still shots. But even then, it's hard to guarantee you got your shot. I learned this the hard way.. But that doesn't ruin the camera for me. It's still absolutely amazing!
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow