Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Epic

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Are you talking about Epic boats? AWS doesnt sell Epic boats that im aware of.
    Axis!

-Jake
    -Jake

Jake ohh ok yea they move a lot of Axis boats, they have come a long way in the creature comforts in the last few years. Axis is owned by Malibu so thats why the styling cue is so simular.

As for the fumes i bet a FAE would stop a lot of that surfing but yea boarding and idle would smell a bit like a diesel. but for me a morning isnt a morning without a coffee and a diesel exhaust smell LOL.

Yes i agree for skiing you would be better off with a gas V8 but if they kept a multispeed trans in there it would be double.

Most modern diesels have a good torque from 1500 to 2200-2500 but max HP at 3500rpm.

I know on Claudia's Passat it pulls hard from idle to 2K, spins the tires really easy with an automatic but i have to be honest on the highway at 65 or 70 if you stomp it to pass you better have room because its way out of its power band and feels rather slow. I think if she had the 6speed manual it would be way nicer but thats hard to get unless you custom order the car.

My truck pulls hard to 100+mph but thats due to the tunner running my trans gears.

Diesels have there place and id love to see a boat maker impliment one to a wake board boat. I have seen a few in the jet powered river boats but they were closed cooling systems as well for salt water use.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

think i remember reading about a Xstar being converted to a diesel here n Florida, think it was a wake school boat.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

The Epic that was at the TX Jam was owned by a friend of ours - Fred. He was also at the pavilion during dinner & raffle sitting by Brian & Drew I believe.

I'm not the biggest fan of the look of the boat but I hear the wake is pretty solid.

Cody

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    The Epic that was at the TX Jam was owned by a friend of ours - Fred. He was also at the pavilion during dinner & raffle sitting by Brian & Drew I believe.

I'm not the biggest fan of the look of the boat but I hear the wake is pretty solid.

Cody
    Yea i spoke to him, sorry thought he was a dealer the way he talked about it lol.
    I recall him having tire troubles in that conversation.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Theres a few threads about the Epic on Wake World as well. I have never personally herd a lot of great things about them but they are a very small company in the boating world.

The one i saw at the Texas Jam is the first i saw in person, i didnt get a chance to see it in action, or look to closely at it, the people who brought it < i think a dealer > just didnt seem to interested in pushing the brand as much as enjoying the party.
    The person who brought it is Fred White. He is the president of our Gulf Coast Wakeboarding Association and is not a dealer. Just his own personal boat and he came to enjoy the party.

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Maybe I should finish reading threads before I respond lol

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Saw one live at the TX Jam. One of the ugliest bow lines I've every laid eyes on.
    This.

But as mentioned I've heard the wakeboard wake is phenomenal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

I know Fred's has about 4000 lbs of stock ballast and can fill in about 1 minute I believe.

I think they also offer seadek flooring through out and neoprene seats instead of vinyl.

But like others have said, front end is still ugly

David