Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Based on what I have heard, at the end of the day, I'd be happy with either mine or Dusty's system. Both sound great and to my amateur ear, they are both quality sound coming from the tower.

I believe from a factual standpoint, the overall quality goes to wetsounds. ex: stainless everything, i believe larger gauge wiring?, amp topology, amp size.

However, pricewise the win probably goes to Exile. Just depends on your exact system setup likely.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    Quality...Construction quality and sound quality are the most important factors in my decision...
    My reply is based upon this statement. From what I have seen on KG's boat and my boat, both are top notch in both areas. IMO, they both also had a few small issues. I won't pretend I know the ins and outs of each to determine the quality of components, I'll leave that up to the experts.

You need to determine your budget, if possible hear them both, and then decide on what suits you best. There are deals to be had with either brand. Both companies provide great customer service, which is a plus.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

A couple pics never hurt in the decision making process

2016 Moomba Mojo

Personally I dont think you can go wrong with either! I currently have a pair of Rev 10's and a REV410 in the middle and I love the set up but have heard Exile set ups that sound amazing too! All comes down to budget and make sure you dont slack on powering them or its not going to matter what you get!!
    2014 Moomba Mojo- Exiled Out!!
    04 XLV- 2 REV 10's & REV410- All JL Audio amps

Full disclosure; I have Exile equipment in my boat, and absolutely love it. I've never purchased or owned any WetSounds equipment

We just went through this discussion before ordering the equipment for Chase's LSV.

The way I see it, as said before; Do you honestly think that you'll be able to tell a difference at 75' and 20 MPH between the #1 and #2 speaker? I don't. And that's not to say that Exile is #2, and WetSounds is #1, that was just an example.

What sold (and continues to sell) me on Exile is the value for your dollar.

I put this chart together when we were making decisions on which speaker was best for our application, and it fits pretty well here;

So, both speakers are excellent, we've already determined that. WetSounds is absolutely a more recognizable name, and you are paying for that. The Exile warranty is better, and I like being unique. There are 9 boats at my marina with WS tower speakers, and only 1 (so far ) with Exile.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

The 'X' in my chart was just because that was the speaker that we were considering, I added the Rev8 just for comparison sake.
    2013 Outback V

I wont even read this thread.

Moderators please close and lock it before it becomes the Typical Exile - Wet Sounds HATE thread. Nothing good will come of this thread LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I wont even read this thread.

Moderators please close and lock it before it becomes the Typical Exile - Wet Sounds HATE thread. Nothing good will come of this thread LOL.
    It has stayed on course pretty good so far and hopefully will continue to do so. Please do not lock this thread.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Ian, love the excel. Use it all day, everyday.

Nash, Ian brings up some good points. Consider accessories that are important to you as well ... swivel clamps, LEDs, speaker covers, etc.

The quality issues I had were one (maybe a couple? honestly cant remember) bolt being too long to properly tighten the clamp to the tower. I also had one bolt that was too long to properly tighten the speaker to the clamp. The only other issue I had was a speaker cover zipper busting on me which was replaced within a few days.

Mike is right, these threads can turn ugly quick bc we all have pride in our gear, hell look what we spent but it would be nice to get some open dialogue going.

Other wetsounds and exile guys: what minor/major issues have you ran into or needed replaced? Whether it be speakers, amps, clamps, covers, LEDs, etc. How are all these holding up?
    2016 Moomba Mojo

A basic price per feature comparison assumes that all quality and performances are the same and is overly simplistic as an objective analysis. That doesn't take into consideration build quality differences. For example, there is no question that a polished cast stainless steel collar is more expensive to build than a chrome clad cast aluminum collar and is also more durable in resisting the elements. IMO, both tower speaker products have value at their respective pricing but obvious cost/feature benefit comparisons are invalid as they only tell a small part of the story.
    Most Ford owners are highly biased and not qualified to evaluate a Chevy product with the inverse also being true. Each manufacturer is obviously very effective in representing their own product because that is their only proposition and they MUST be effective....but are not at all qualified to speak about their competitors product.
    Its nice when a owner compliments his own possessions but the conversation takes a different path when commenting on a competing product that they know little about. I hate when these type of threads take that direction.

David
    Earmark Marine