Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I am personally enjoying the thread. I bought my new 2012 LSV this year with much excitement as my 2004 I sold had 2004 equipment and needed replaced. I am trying to understand how much better the Exile or Wetsounds stuff sounds for the serious coin being spent. I used to compete in car audio, but have been out of that for about 17 years when I started having other priorities and less disposable income. When I ordered my boat I had the slightly upgraded 6 speaker system with amp put in and did not go with the subwoofer as I questioned how good could it be in a boat? and passed on Tower Speakers with my poor quality/worn out experience from by 2004. After ordering I did decide to have my dealer add Tower Speakers partly for the look and partly because it would be a single cost to justify later(roll it into the total package). I went with an Aerial Can with the JL 7.7's powered by another Kicker 300.2 amp. I love the look of them and think they sound good, but admittedly don't get many chances to truly turn them up as my family(wife, 4/6/8 year old) think it is too loud when I do. Not sure about the amp, but do think the Speakers were a good value(about $500/pair)

Would love hear mine next to some of these Wetsounds/Exile systems to see how muchNew Boat 4.jpg I am missing.
    Matt
    New Boat-2012 LSV
    Original Boat-2004 LSV

I don't want this to be a brand bashing thread. Like KG said I just would like some open dialogue about the two. No need for someone to get their board shorts in a twist because someone else likes something else. I just want to know what people like and dislike about each and why they decided to go one way vs the other. Thread seems to be going well so far, as I expected because this isn't WW.

Keep it comin'!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Wetsounds sucks!!!!! Exile! Exile! Exile!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Hey, I'm just kidding you know. You gotta hear 'em yourself and decide. See who wants to make you a deal and all. Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mfogt View Post
    Would love hear mine next to some of these Wetsounds/Exile systems to see how much I am missing.
    I'll be on Torch Lake with an Exile equipped Moomba all weekend - kind of on your side of the state
    2013 Outback V

Just out of curiosity, I haven't heard either. Are those the only 2 brands that are worth while? I've had liquid audio/polks on my tower the whole time.

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

Not at all.

There are many others such as JL, Skylon, Kicker, Polk, Rockford Fosgate. All of these are OEM in different boats. Wetsounds is also an OEM product in some boats.

Both exile and wetsounds seem to be incredibly expensive! I would certainly have to hear some in person before purchasing

2005 mobius lsv

They are the two main players that seem to be left in the HLCD game. HLCD speakers are pricier than your standard coaxial by a good bit.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

So if my boat is primarily used for surfing, an hcld wouldn't be ideal as they are designed to produce the best sound at 70-80 ft. What would be an ideal "surf" speaker?

2005 mobius lsv