Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Exile vs. Wetsounds

So, rather than hijack someone else's thread I figured I'd just start a new one.

Seems like there are a lot of guys that are going Exile. I've been involved in car audio ever since I was 15 years old and before I joined the Moomba board I had never heard of them. How do they compare to Wetsounds on Price and Performance? Has anyone had both or have experience with both? I'd really like some good information no homer opinions please. That sounds kinda harsh but I don't mean it to. However, A good debate between either would be interesting. I'm always interested in updating my audio and since it appears that Exile has such a good rep, at least around here, and is such a big contributor to the board I feel like I should see what all the hype's about and consider them for some off season projects that I may have. I have had the intention of just going all Wetsounds but options are good...just keep it Exile vs. Wetsounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    I'd really like some good information no homer opinions please.
    Good luck finding that here. You're better off asking this on WakeWorld.

Dusty and kg have competing brands on their respective rides. The should have good comparisons.

I am biased as I have only heard one brand.

David fom earmark will chime in since he sells both.

Ww has lots of Info on both, but you may get the answer after 10 pages of crap, most like look like a BU vs CC thread
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Dusty and kg have competing brands on their respective rides. The should have good comparisons.

David fom earmark will chime in since he sells both.
    I agree that I'd be most interested in Dusty & KG's thoughts as they have run their systems side-by-side.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 09-05-2012 at 11:12 PM.

I wasn't on the forum much when I researched my system. I would google search something and read anything from Malibu to Centurion boards. I honestly found much more positive feedback on Wet Sounds. There wasn't negative feedback on Exile, there just seemed to be less people posting about it. Could this be because there are probably a lot more wake boats in Texas then Oregon? Who knows.
    The biggest mistake I made was thinking some guy in my own backyard from the yuppy town of Lake Oswego couldn't compete with the big boys in Texas. I took the Wet Sounds road, since then Exile systems have continued to impress me. Obviously here is where the debate starts and I'll bow out. I do see Exile in my future!

-Jake
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post

Ww has lots of Info on both, but you may get the answer after 10 pages of crap, most like look like a BU vs CC thread
    That is EXACTLY why I don't go over there anymore. Simplest questions or statements turn into auditions for Douche bag and Jack A$$ of the year.

Ok so well then what are your opinions based on your experience with Exile? I just didn't want a bunch of folks chiming in saying ones the best and then another guy chiming in saying no these are the best etc.. I just want opinions and then I guess why YOU feel that way.

I have the stock Kickers, a pair of Wetsounds Pro 60s which you can barely hear at wakeboard length (pushed by the Kicker ZXM 350.2). They are loud in close but are not clear or clean enough for me. I upgraded the stock 10 inch sub.

If I was going to Exile I'd go the 6 in-boats package with the 800.4, the 800 watt sub package with the 1500.1 and DVC 12, and for the tower was thinking the Harpoon and a pair of XM9s and a pair of the SXT65s or whatever if possible. I don't want 6 speakers on the tower and I'd really like to be able to hear the tunes pretty well at wakeboard length. I know I'll be able to hear it at surf length. I figured that would be the best of both.

Not exactly sure on the Wetsounds...maybe the 3Some setup or Rev 8s on the SYN6 for the tower, 3 pairs of XS650s on the SYN4 for the cabin, and a SYN2 powering a XS12 or XS-XXX.

Thoughts on that?

Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Tow Rig:

I must say that I was REALLY impressed by the video Mike posted last year with him walking away from his boat and it just was SOOOOOO LOUD, CLEAN, and CLEAR. Sounded pretty much the same the further back he went. Impressed would be an understatement.

Tow Rig:

After your last 2 posts, I'm not really sure why you even started this thread? Reads like you're already sold.

E, I have 4 xm9 powered by the harpoon, these really rip, surf loud and clear not to harsh, wake board length no problem hearing them loud and clear with great mid bass. I have 3 pairs of the Sx65 m powered by a my factory kicker 700.5 plus the 12xi dvc power by the kicker at 420 wts. The in boats and sub sound good but I have them underpowered , an 800.4 and 1500.1 will be added to optimally power those speakers. I was warned of this but it gets the job done on the in boats.
    I know it's loud when I had the girls boarding and passed another boat couple hundred yards away and they started dancing.

With the nines on my V2 tower I really don't need In boats , the more you push the harpoon the better it sounds.

Construction is solid, only complaints I heard in the past was non ss screws, which I believe was corrected and the exposed baskets on the 6.5 and the subs..

I had a ws 420 eq on my old boat and I liked that as well, ws customer service was great as is Exiles.

Check these out.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ghlight=exiled
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ighlight=Exile

Video not mine but it sold me.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...Y0f6oZ-Ik4V3UA

You really can't go wrong either way, just price them out and which looks better to your eye.
    Last edited by jmvotto; 09-06-2012 at 12:09 AM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    After your last 2 posts, I'm not really sure why you even started this thread? Reads like you're already sold.
    I'm really not...just Mike's vid was the only Exile system I have ever heard. Their website was also much more helpful in designing a system. Their package bundles make it pretty easy. The Wetsounds, I have heard good things about them and when I have contacted them their customer service was EXCELLENT. Not that Exile's isn't either. It also helps that they are an OEM supplier for a few brands so in my mind that builds some confidence in them seeing as they aren't supplying some entry level series. It's the same speakers that get bought up to be put in aftermarket. I also have a pair of their speakers already even if they aren't the best ones for their application. But hey they came with the boat, if I was going to buy the tower speakers I would've went with a different series.

Quality...Construction quality and sound quality are the most important factors in my decision...

Tow Rig: