Default GREAT EXPERIENCE w/ WAKEMAKERS

There is another thread about a one-time valued vendor to this forum not meeting the OP's expectations. Oftentimes, a single bad experience does more harm than a dozen great ones do good for a company. That being the case, I want to make sure the GREAT service I received from Wakemakers is known!

Daze and I set up my ballast in July and it worked well, but not perfect as I had some indecision on where/how to use the directional Y valve. It took me some time on the lake to understand how I wanted the system to work and I tried a few other configurations to finally land on the one that I think will work best.

I called Tuesday and got Spencer on the phone (twice!) and he was again extremely helpful with evaluating what I had in mind and offering advice on how to optimize my system. We also confirmed what shipping method would get my stuff here by today (Friday) so I could hook it up tonight and have a great weekend on the water.

After he gave me the Moomba discount code (THANK YOU) I got my order placed online and rec'd my confirmation email. Unfortunately, on Wed I missed the email that said something on my order was backordered and my order wouldn't ship until Friday. Well, crap!

So, a quick call to Wakemakers and short conversation with Kyle let me know that there was only 1 item backordered. It was the little brick bag that really isn't essential to what I really want to get done with the ballast. I asked if they would ship the rest of my order and send the brick ground whenever it got in. Kyle said I was past their normal cutoff time for shipping that day, but that he would get it out the door to arrive today. Only issue, they wanted an extra $30 for shipping. Yeah, that ain't happening since I already laid out $60 for 3-day and it's not my deal that the brick was backordered.

The guys at Wakemakers TOTALLY understood my point! They knew that my weekend plans were about to get jacked and they stepped up big time by getting my order overnighted for delivery today and they took care of the incremental shipping cost.

THANK YOU WAKEMAKERS!

For taking care of me & the Moomba Crew!

Glad to hear things like this about our local guys, I see these guys almost every week and can say i barley get to talk to them some days as they are constantly on the phone lol.

They are great guys and truly love the sport as much as we do, and this in turn makes them understand the pressure we feel when we need something right away.

Im luckly they are local but there wharehouse is no longer local, so i have to wait for shipping also, so i feel your pain man when you gotta wait lol.

Im glad you got taken care of, and hats off to you Drew for taking a minute to share your happy experience.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

So glad to hear these guys have hung in there and gotten their crap together. Their problem was never that they don't care; it was they grew faster than they anticipated. I'm happy for 'em and glad we have them available.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

glad to hear, they have been a good group of guys to this forum.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Agreed, we have had great luck with them with multiple orders and they are great to talk to on the phone. Very prompt shipping too.
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V
    Monster Tower MT2 - 750 rears, GG 1180 center - PP Wakeboard Edition

so, what's the new plan for the ballast setup? spill it!
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

My objective was/is to take care of everything off the 3 stock pumps and under 15 min. I first set up a T off the port pump to the 1,100 and 370 tube, left center as is and used starboard to fill the IBS. However, the wave really improves with some weight in the starboard side and I was throwing a tsunami over the side. That sucked. I was going to then use the directional Y to divert from the starboard bag to the IBS, but wasn't sure where to mount it. I wanted it so I could control from the drivers seat.

Finally the light bulb began to dim and I realized that my fill time would be dictated by the port side 1,100 and tube. That totals just about 1,500 and the math for the center 450 and 650 IBS is less than that. Duh!

The center vent line runs from under the floor in the bow to just behind where the horn is mounted. I installed the Y valve at this point so I can have the center full w/ no IBS. I am getting the 1 in check valve and a Y to tie the vent lines together for these.

I am taking an extra 1 in quick connect and filling the hole with epoxy to make a plug should I want to run ballast in the port side w/out the 370 tube.

I'm hoping to tie the brick into the port leg of the IBS and hide it in the space behind the observer's seat. Just a lil extra weight for the reg side.

gotta agree, my last order was smooth as can be,

called, got the Moomba owners discount, odered online, then called back and changed the color of the bags (my mistake) and received the order about a week later.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart