Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Exiled...

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    I gotta say, that green vinyl is a super cool color. Install is looking good Ian. Will be fun to see that boat on the water rocking loud. That's Chase's boat right?
    Yup, Chases boat.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    Do you happen to know the model number on those distribution blocks? I've been looking for a single input to a 4 output.
    I think the package is in the boat still, I'll have to get back to you on that one.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Ian is this the seletor you added to the ACR?

David, I assume this 4 position would work 1, 2, 1+2 and off

http://bluesea.com/products/6007 i believ this is what is installed with my 12 XLV with the pro mariner sport 20 charger.. i too would like the acr as i had the bepVSr in the old boat.

hijack over continue exile install thread
    I didn't add a switch at all; front the factory it came with a 2 position switch, so I left it in.

We don't charge with shore power, so I didn't see the need to change the switch.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Ian is this the seletor you added to the ACR?

David, I assume this 4 position would work 1, 2, 1+2 and off

http://bluesea.com/products/6007 i believ this is what is installed with my 12 XLV with the pro mariner sport 20 charger.. i too would like the acr as i had the bepVSr in the old boat.

hijack over continue exile install thread
    Post a schematic/drawing of how you see a conventional dual battery switch interfacing with an ACR/VSR. I'll look it over.

David
    Earmark Marine

So David, is there a difference in the Perko 2 battery switch that came in my boat and the blue seas 2 battery switch? I think I want to add a ACR this winter when I redo my stereo install and want to know if I need to buy a new switch

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Post a schematic/drawing of how you see a conventional dual battery switch interfacing with an ACR/VSR. I'll look it over.

David
    Earmark Marine
    This is copied but wanted to know if the switch would work with the acr in a very similar diagram or doe i buy a new blue seas switch

A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Jmotto,

An ACR will work just fine when used in conjunction with a traditional 3-post 1/2/BOTH/OFF dual battery switch like the commonly used Perko brand or the Blue Sea 9001e.

The real advantage to the Blue Sea OFF/ON/Combine 4-post dual circuit plus 5511 over the traditional switch, is when there is an on-board charger in the scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    So David, is there a difference in the Perko 2 battery switch that came in my boat and the blue seas 2 battery switch? I think I want to add a ACR this winter when I redo my stereo install and want to know if I need to buy a new switch

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    If the upgrade includes a 2-bank on-board charger, then I would recommend going with the dual-circuit switch.

With one action, you can combine and isolate the loads from their source battery. Since the dual-circuit has 4 post, rather then 3, the ACR is isolated from the batteries when the switch is off, allowing the charger to properly charge and condition the battery banks. With the traditional 3-post switch, the ACR will end up combining the banks when the charger is on. This makes the batteries one large bank.

David and Joe,
    The switch in the photo is a conventional dual battery switch.
    The dual circuit switch in the diagram is a 5511e.
    The conventional dual battery switch in the above photo cannot be introduced into the above diagram as is.
    So, post up a diagram of how you would wire a conventional dual battery switch in conjunction with an ACR/VSR.
    There are several methods but the results are different. Again, draw it out to see.

David
    Earmark Marine

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    David and Joe,
    The switch in the photo is a conventional dual battery switch.
    The dual circuit switch in the diagram is a 5511e.
    The conventional dual battery switch in the above photo cannot be introduced into the above diagram as is.
    So, post up a diagram of how you would wire a conventional dual battery switch in conjunction with an ACR/VSR.
    There are several methods but the results are different. Again, draw it out to see.

David
    Earmark Marine
    I guess my question is this simple I think MLA answered it. No, get the combined switch

Can I use this switch BS 6007 ( factory dual battery issue) with an ACR and Dual pro mariner 20 on board charger( factory installed option)?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold