Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Exiled...

We actually have the same method of testing as Mitch (in the video) although we have a power supply that is four times larger so the voltage will not sag when testing larger amplifiers. And, we are doing regular amp clinics where at designated times anyone can come in off the street and have their own amplifier tested. But you really need to have more than a DVM to do the testing. It also requires a distortion measurement tool, such as a distortion analyzer or an O-Scope. We have both. We like to stay with the CEA2006 standards (not WLS or JBF). Believe me, it can be very revealing. We have also had amplifiers sent off to an independent lab with 50K worth of test equipment and 3-phase supply, to confirm our findings. Like Mitch, we have begun showing the test results on products in the store as well as on the on-line store.
    Consumers deserve to know the undistorted truth.

David
    Earmark Marine

Thats great a retailer goes through all that trouble for their customers.

I trust what the design engineer says about his products.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Pardon me for jumping in here, but I'm of the opposite mindset Mike.

A retailer has nothing to gain by exposing the true numbers. It's purely for the customer to make an educated decision. A design engineer has everything to gain by overstating the product. That test video David posted is a perfect example. Some "design engineer" told the Boss Marketing team "Yup, she cranks out 2k watts boys, slap it on the front." Without test like these to verify and prove what is true and false how could you have any clue what you are truly getting just going off of what you were told?

Even though you most likely won't, you have got to look at David's points and research as valid fact. You don't succeed with 25+ years in the business and rise to the top in a category based on crappy feedback and tests.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Anyone thats been around racing/racing engines, knows that an engine turns the most RPM right before she lets go. I think that probably holds true for an amp. We may see those peak "when lightning strikes" advertised watts, but I bet we will se the smoke get let out soon after. An amp will not last long running a real world load (impedance) that it takes to get those high outputs and we will never see those kinds of numbers if we run the amp where its comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Im probably running the most powerfull 12inch sub/amp combo out there and after 2 seasons of cranking it as loud as it goes, nothing rattles, or came lose, or even changed. My guages all work like new, everything reads normal. Nothing vibrates or bounces.

Boat helms are build pretty strong.

I run a custom made 12inch Exile sub with 2500RMS power peaking well over 4K and never had an issue with the boat.
    This is what i find laughable about this whole thread derailment.

The above statement is what started all this dicussion over the last couple pages of this thread.

I made the statement above, knowing..and wondering how long it would take for Earmark to come in and post something about amps power wattage valididty of it.

I did a classic bait the trap and wait.

The trap sprung so well it derailed the thread almost completly from what it was, which was an install thread of a stereo. No real care in power of amps or speakers or anything.

I frankly dont care if my Exile amp puts out 2500 watts, 3000 watts, or more. I also find it highly unlikly it doesnt put out that kind of power as i have seen it tested.

My comment about having one of the most powerfull 12 inch subs was or is no different then saying i think RDLanston boat is the best looking all blue boat in the country. Its an opinion, and as with so many threads on this forum dealing with anything stereo related you cant say anything unless its full of tech gargin, explicit facts and history to back it up.

The last real comment or request about this thread was can the sub being under the helm cause vibration damage to the instruments.

Once again the under lying tones of certain posts pointing fingers at what is true amp output and what is fake has stired the pot causing certain stereo people to jump into a thread and pull it away from its intended path.

The question bares how does anyone know what my amp puts out? How do you know what exactly my sub can handle?

The answer is you dont, because you havent tested my amp and my sub. I said there custom and they are, they were both designed exactly for the specification i use them for. This is also why when i sold my boat i paid to switch them to a different sub and amp. Because mine are both 1 off deals and if i sold them id be the one missing out.
    Last edited by mmandley; 10-24-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

As Robert Duvall once said, "....matched perfect and staggered special....".....all the way from South Korea?

'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Dude wow. You baited and trapped?

The start of the thread derailment started from your amp specs, yes. Many consumers appreciate good comparisons, enthusiast here on the forum especially. Your continually exaggeration of product specs/attributes matched with the respect users here seem to have for you creates a whirlwind of frustration for those that want solid info on the site.

You were not baiting people, they were passively trying to get facts into the thread without calling you out directly .... They were trying to be respectful. You notice you are always the one up in arms?

How much power an amp puts out and which boat looks the best are not the same question. Don't be ridiculous. Power is measurable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Ian, on Chase's LSV, how did you get the side speakers out inside the cabin, I undid the 4 screws for the rear drivers side and was unable to remove it. Did you remove anything else to get it out or was it just brute force ??

I stopped at that point to work on another project

thanks
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

it's 520pm in Texas and yup, Oklahoma still sucks!!

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV