Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Exiled...

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Because I'm using a lot of the air space behind the "hump" I figured it would be easier to get the box in and mounted if I took that piece out. Much to my surprise it is only held in with 2 screws.

Fiberglass floor and hump removed;
    Ah, ha! I see an easier route to installing an IBS than I took.

Just plain old birch. Someone told me that the acoustic properties of Starboard aren't good (no idea if its true or not) so I use birch and then coat it with truck bed liner. This box is far off the floor so I didn't use any fiberglass.
    The acoustic properties of KingStarboard would be of little concern next to the fact that KingStarboard is next to impossible to get a glued and sealed seam.

David

Maybe thats what I was thinking of, lol. I just know when I asked on here the answer was a resounding 'Don't use it for boxes!'

I'm fine with the coated birch. In my Outback, where the enclosure sits on top of carpet it has been fine for the last 2 seasons, although I have a ton of fiberglass resin and truck bed liner inside and out.
    2013 Outback V

Ian, are you having the box sit flush on the floor in front of the hump of is elevated ?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Small calculation error; the box will be elevated ~5" above the floor, and progressing above the hump. The right side of the box will (be cut to) sit flush with that factory brace thing. Went to test fit this afternoon and can't get the box into position; trying to fit a square peg in a trapezoid hole, lol. Luckily as it stands the box is 2.5 cubic feet, where 2.2 is what is called for. Cutting the corner off should put me right where I want to be
    2013 Outback V

Good Job Ian - this should put you right on the sweet spot. Remember on initial setup to turn off bass boost, and pay attention to the subsonic filtering on the Xi1500.1. You'll want to reconfirm those details when install. whats the vent length in this box?

-Brian
    Exile Audio

There is no vent yet, but it will be 3.125 x 4 x 14
    2013 Outback V

I made some more progress on the sub enclosure yesterday.

I chopped the side of the box off and gave it a test fit before sealing it up. I will have to re-route the factory wiring harness up the side (a simple zip-tie job) but all in all its an easy fit.

Back in the garage, I sealed up the side, cut and installed the port, and put another several coats of truck bed liner;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

Ian,
    Did you lengthen the port accordingly after modifying the enclosure?

David

I made some more progress on the sub enclosure yesterday.

I chopped the side of the box off and gave it a test fit before sealing it up. I will have to re-route the factory wiring harness up the side (a simple zip-tie job) but all in all its an easy fit.

Back in the garage, I sealed up the side, cut and installed the port, and put another several coats of truck bed liner;

how about the sterring cable etc. i am interested on how you move the center hole conduit for wiring ballast and sterring cable

here is my pic
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold