Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Exiled...

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Ian,
    Did you lengthen the port accordingly after modifying the enclosure?

David
    The port didn't exist initially, lol. I actually previously had ~2.6ft^3, where the suggested is 2.2ft^3 with 14" long port. Cutting that corner off brings me to almost exactly 2.2ft^3, so I stuck with 14" in length, but its easy enough to play with, should the sound not be "right"
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    how about the sterring cable etc. i am interested on how you move the center hole conduit for wiring ballast and sterring cable

here is my pic
    http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...IMAG0211-5.jpg
    I didn't have to move the hole, because the box is ~7" off the floor. The steering cable goes up and to the right of the enclosure, while the wires go under and to the left. The only thing that is giving me fits is what looks like a Cat5 cable that doesn't have a disconnect, I suspect it is for the radio remote but I have to track it down and untie it from the harness. Shouldn't be too hard, I just didn't invest any time into it.
    2013 Outback V

so the front facade is sitting 7 inches off the floor. got it.

got any pics of the back of that custom enclosure.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Did you go all the way back to the battery for the power to the amps or did you go through the switch so you can select which battery the stereo gets run on?
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

The factory switch is not capable of switching between battery 1, 2, and off. I ran the power directly to battery 2.
    2013 Outback V

Is the bed liner working good? How many coats are you up too? Is it the roll-on or the spray?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 MOOMBA LSV
    340 CAT
    ACME 1235
    3100#'s

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    The factory switch is not capable of switching between battery 1, 2, and off. I ran the power directly to battery 2.
    What in the duece is the factory switch for then lol? I thought it had both positive battery terminals running to it, and it has one "output" terminal and depending on which battery you select (or both if you have it on 1+2), that would be the battery sending power to that "output" terminal. My thinking could be way off here, Im at work and boat is at home. Thanks for your replies.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

This will be the first box I've done with just bedliner, so I'm not sure. It is the spray kind, and I've used 4 cans. The boat has ~35 hours on it and so far there has been absolutely no moisture in that area, so I'd imagine combined with the fact that its so far off the ground it won't be an issue.
    2013 Outback V

Ian - 4 cans is plenty. The big help here is that you have elevated the base from the floor. This will eliminate moisture build up. In fact in my experience it doesn't need to be lifted up 7". Even 2-3" will improve moisture reduction. I would suggest to use birch plywood for the enclosure versus MDF as MDF tends to be like a sponge.

-Brian

7 is just where it ended up fitting the best around the wires through the floor and around the air box thing. Birch looks so nice too, one day maybe I'll stain a wood box instead of hiding it, lol.
    2013 Outback V