Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Kenwood TSC-55 (Aeware) Remote Compatibility

So, I had my dealer install a Transom remote before I pick up my new (to me) boat this weekend. They installed the Kenwood TSC-55 remote. Its the same as the driver's remote (Aeware). Evidently the previous owner switched out the stock head unit for a different one and neither remotes control the radio.

The dealer told me he could order the KMR330 and it is compatible but that is the only one that he has access to from the dealer site.

Do any of you know another head unit that is compatible with this remote? I would prefer one that has iPod controls.

What about the KMR-700U? I found that the KCA-RC60MR remote will control both the 330 AND the 700. So if that one works with the 330 and the 700 wouldn't the TSC-55 work with the 700U also?

Thanks!

-E
    Last edited by E4NASH; 03-31-2011 at 07:07 PM. Reason: additional info
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

i had the same problem with my boat. the previous owner had installed a jbl marine HU that would not work w/the aeware remote. did some research on this same forum and decided to get the KMR-440U. any marine HU w/a steering wheel control wire will work for both remotes. The wire is aqua blue w/a yellow stripe.
    hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by casmith71 View Post
    i had the same problem with my boat. the previous owner had installed a jbl marine HU that would not work w/the aeware remote. did some research on this same forum and decided to get the KMR-440U. any marine HU w/a steering wheel control wire will work for both remotes. The wire is aqua blue w/a yellow stripe.
    hope this helps.
    So, you have both the front and transom remotes that are the white Aeware ones and they work PERFECTLY with the KMR-440U?? That is the head unit I want and if this is true then I have no more problem...
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Tow Rig:

i do not have a transom remote but from everything i have read, i believe there is a Y connector to hook two remotes to the HU. If u can't find the Y connector the steering wheel control wire is only one wire. it seams that u could connect more than one wire to it and get the same function w/both remotes.(try doing a search on the forum for " dual remote hook up") The kenwood 107 remote IS NOT a one wire hook up. the 107 is a multin pin pig style that has a seperate hook up in the back of the HU. The remotes u have are just a one wire hook up to the HU. i cant vauch for both, but i know one will work for the 440u. the 440u also has a usb input in the front for ur ipod and full controls of the ipod from remote or head unit.

how much did the dealer charge for remote and install on the transom.im thinking of doing this also.

Adding the 2nd remote is super easy, it requires 3 small holes to be drilled, and the running of a little wire. It would probably take you no more than 30 minutes.

The nice thing about the 1-wire remotes is that you can just connect them together and they work, just gotta match up the colors, lol.
    2013 Outback V

Are these backlit at all, I want to add a transom remote and can't remember if its backlit the tsc 55
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by casmith71 View Post
    how much did the dealer charge for remote and install on the transom.im thinking of doing this also.
    It was about $145 installed. But because I have such an awesome dealer they aren't going to charge me since it doesn't work with the current unit. I don't believe it's backlit.

Tow Rig:

The Kenwood units are backlit.
    2013 Outback V

Ian do the kenwoods y together with the aeware tsc 55
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless