Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: woodies

Hybrid View

Default woodies

soo its been a long time dream for me(and my father whos in his 70's) to own a 40-50's chris craft wooden runabout..i would love to own one once my boay sells but im nervous as well to owning such a beautiful boat and how how much work it would been to keep it a beautiful boat...what do you guys think about them
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

I think they are beautiful expensive boats which require a lot of money and upkeep🚤🚤
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    I think they are beautiful expensive boats which require a lot of money and upkeep����
    ^^^^^ Yup ^^^^^
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Perfect retirement boat for someone that is absolutely committed to owning one. Otherwise I think they're too much work to own one while you have other priorities cluttering your life. I wouldn't even consider it right now, after I think about how much work it already is to own a fiberglass boat. Just my two cents, interested to hear other opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by motosno963 View Post
    ...what do you guys think
    I think you bounce from one toy idea to the next like a highly caffinated, nervous, ADD cat in room full of rockers...
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

I am in the same boat. I would love to own one. Someone in my area owns one and I see it on the lake from time to time and it is beautiful. Everyone in the boat thinks I am looking at a HBB but it is a showroom Chris Craft. I mean the boat looks new inside and out. I wish mine looked that nice. Anyways It would be a full time job to keep it looking like new and something for when you retire and can no longer wakeboard/surf. Just my 2c.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by KSmith View Post
    I think you bounce from one toy idea to the next like a highly caffinated, nervous, ADD cat in room full of rockers...
    second that, and I see the wooden boat phase lasting maybe a year and another toy that will cost you a few $$k as you sell it to pursue the next endeavour..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Boatt= bust out another ten thousand :d
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

idk..it is on my list to own..and i found a nice chris craft for 17..thing looks brand new..and if i got the money for my boat it would pay off the one loan thats holding me back..i have 2 loans..small but together its costing me about 400$ a month..so im going to sell the bike that has the loan on her..and yall are right( i also did have ADHD as a kid )..but i also want input on these things before i drop money into them
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

and ill tell yall i tell my friends..if it doesnt sell by oct ill store it and redo the bent stuff on the rearend and redo the carpet and vinyl myself and make her look brand new..im not worried about it..and since my friend does lighted signs for work im going to get him to help me wire up the boat with led blue lights
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)