Thread: Seat Riser?

Default Seat Riser?

So a searched, maybe not good enough, but I didn't see any seat riser mods out there? Surely someone must have raised their sock seat up a few inches some how? Any one done it,? got any pics or a how to? I don't like the built in riser that flips up.
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

I am sure all you would need to do is built some kind of spacer to go between the base of the seat and where the seat mounts. It would be nice to raise it up for sure. I always sit on my throwable cushion
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Mine is raised 1.5"

I used some HDPE strips between the seat base and the rail the seat is attached to that slides. Dont think I have any pics. I raised KG's seat using the same approach.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Mine is also about 1.5 inches taller, as a result of the swivel seat setup I made. I posted pics in the thread with the same name.
    2013 Outback V

I forgot about being a little lower before my swivel mod. I remember having the top edge of the window being right at eye level and it was a bit of a pain (being really picky, of course. Not really that big of a deal). I was pleased with the height after the swivel seat- it probably equates to about 1 1/2" as well.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Dusty.. can you show me pics or elaborate on those strips? Where did you get them? What did they cost? how did you do it?

Will post pics later... I finished my riser mod yesterday.. raised it 2 inches. cost about $20. Went to Lows and bought 1 8ft long "trex" type composite decking. stacked up 2 on each side, both pieces about 13 inches long (what ever size the base mount is. got 4 new longer bolts, and unbolted seat, unscrewed seat from floor, and assembled. Had to use angle grinder (**POWER TOOLS**) to notch out a section for the seat adjuster to still fit, and the board to sit flat on the rail. Its a huge improvement, only downfall, is because I'm a shorty, my heals don't touch the carpet anymore. I feal much more in control of the boat now, and can see over the bow easy, have a good view of the slalom course, and my feet aren't falling asleep because I'm not sitting on them anymore! HA!

like this...
    IMG_5545.jpg