Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles!

2011_ducati_multistrada_1200_offroad.jpg
    Here's my dream "dualsport".... almost $20k tho
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Good luck over at Ken's they are good guys over there and price fairly for the most part. The CEO would be perfect on a DRZ and then you could get the BMW right?
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    ... The CEO would be perfect on a DRZ and then you could get the BMW right?
    I like your thinking Mark The question then would be "Can you ride slow enough for her to keep up?" haha
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

going back on sat to sit on the ninja and I suspect I'll write the check. they won't budge a nickle on the price which kind of irritates me but it's priced fairly. I think we expect to deal on stuff like this and kind of gets ya when they won't. much less pressure than any of the team dealerships. they are a turnoff. u coming over to unload it for me??

the dualsport idea was really an Idaho thing and I'm not sure I'd ever use it here. going "up north" would require days off and not sure we'd really enjoy that riding. I think there's enough day road trips around here on pavement to keep us going for a few years considering we like to spend the majority of the weekends on the water, not mc's.

I will say that duc is way sexy....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Got some pictures of my wife's bike put back together after the new paint job. We pick her bike and my bike up next weekend at VIR. Can't wait!

2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

your wife's bike is very sharp!!!
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

Thanks RC. She gets all the good stuff.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

lookin good.. looks lowered a tad.

I bought an '11 ninja1000 from a local shop 4 weeks ago. 500 miles from the local kawi rep but sold as brand new. going to pick it up tomorrow as I'm tired of looking at an empty garage slot got pipes and kleen air mod ready to go on, but nothing else. will be nice to have a better commuter. $8600otd with everything. pretty happy with that..
    next comes upgrading the ceo's bike. she has a 250ninja. good learner but a little light on power and not real sure-footed on pavement. thinking about taking her to look at a fz6r leftover. $5600 plus tax/title seems like a good deal.

Thanks. Nope she is stock height. Just has a Ohlins TTX rear shock and it's set up for her weight and height.

That is a good deal on the ninja 1000. Have fun. The FZ6's are great. I have rode them a hand fun of times and they are fun bikes. Your CEO will enjoy it a lot more then the 250.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

looking like it'll be a 650ninja. fz6 didn't pass the 'looks' test, ninja did working on finding a blue one now. they are within a few hundred of each other.

rode my first liter bike home on saturday. really not that impressed. it has a lot more usable torque in the lower part of the band than the zx6 so a much more commuter-friendly ride but I was expecting it to absoutely rip the handlebars out of my hands as you roll on the throttle but it didn't. quick but not a night and day difference. guessing had it been the zx10 might have been a different feel.
    2 observations:
    -get rid of the fuel gauge, give me back the blinking low fuel indicator and put the gear indicator back. I'd rather have gear indicator than fuel gauge.
    -I am going to miss the positive neutral finder that the zx had. roll to a stop and it would automatically find neutral no matter how hard you kick the lever up from first gear. 1000 doesn't have that feature. will be missed... saying that from my lazy side.

from a comfort standpoint, I was ready to do 200 miles on it. the zx would get to my back after 20 or 30. it'll be a welcome change to ride daily and that's what I bought it for...