Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles!

Default Re: Motorcycles!

Picked up a 2014 Grom Saturday as a pit bike. That thing is awesome.

2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Wow, cool to see this thread is still going! I haven't been on the the Moomba forum in a long, long time, and for whatever reason this thread popped into my head so I thought I'd come check it out. I think the last time I posted I was in the process of rebuilding my Ducati Monster after crashing it. I've finished that, she's still my daily ride. This past spring I decided to get into track riding, and I took the Monster a couple of times. I loved it so much that I picked up a 2002 R6 with the intention of getting used to it on the street and converting it to track. I had it for 3 weeks and ended up totaling it in turn 1 at Road America. So, less than a week after that I picked up a 2007 CBR600RR track bike. Haven't had a chance to ride it on the track yet, and I can't wait!

Good loking bikes. Sorry to hear about totaling the R6. I love my R6. Trackdays are awesome aren't they. Any suspension work done to the CBR? I have a buddy that is at Road America a lot. He has the baddest R1 I have ever seen. There is a good possibility he was there. If you ever feel like driving a good distance east coast tracks are awesome! VIR, Barber, Road Atlanta, CMP are some great tracks to ride.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by irish-racing View Post
    Good loking bikes. Sorry to hear about totaling the R6. I love my R6. Trackdays are awesome aren't they. Any suspension work done to the CBR? I have a buddy that is at Road America a lot. He has the baddest R1 I have ever seen. There is a good possibility he was there. If you ever feel like driving a good distance east coast tracks are awesome! VIR, Barber, Road Atlanta, CMP are some great tracks to ride.
    The CBR has Ohlins 20mm internals in the forks, that's it though. When I have the cash, my first planned modification is to get it properly sprung for my weight.

I'm actually considering coming down to Barber in October for a couple days. The Disalvo Speed Academy is doing a two day school in conjunction with an STT track day so I'm thinking about participating in that.

Default Re: Motorcycles!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    The CBR has Ohlins 20mm internals in the forks, that's it though. When I have the cash, my first planned modification is to get it properly sprung for my weight.

I'm actually considering coming down to Barber in October for a couple days. The Disalvo Speed Academy is doing a two day school in conjunction with an STT track day so I'm thinking about participating in that.
    Yeah I would suggest the ohlins ttr rear shock. Pricey but worth it. I never had aftermarket suspension until this year and holy crap it makes a difference. STT is a quality organization. Check out performance riding experience. Great organization. The schedule was light this year but next year would be awesome.
    Last edited by irish-racing; 07-23-2014 at 04:50 PM.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

For any motox guys...Recently restored a 91 CR125...

Before:

After:

Looks awesome! Good job.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

I have been a huge MotoGP fan for a long time now and living so close to Indy we try to go every year. Missed the last 3 years. Well this year we decided to make up for lost time at the track. Here are some of my pictures from our weekend.

My wife and I in the VIP Village suite.

On the pit walk outside NGM Forward Racing garage.

The Texas Tornado, Colin Edwards bike

We decided to take a selfie in front of Colin's pit area.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Colin saw us and decided to come out and take a selfie with us and autograph our passes. He was such a humble, down to earth guy. Couldn't thank him enough.

Signed Pass

Valentino Rossi's Factory Yamaha bike

Jorge Lorenzo's Factory Yamaha bike
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

During the pit walk a crew member of SAG Race Team for Moto2 rider Louis Rossi asked my wife to be a Grid Girl

My wife with Louis Rossi after his race.

Hanging out in SAG's garage during the race.

Even managed to get Valentino Rossi's autograph

It was a great weekend. We had the time of our life. Hoping to do it again next year.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD