Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles!

Thanks. Yeah, they don't care what the bike actually is they just see 1000cc and are like o guess we better charge him more. Story of my life. I bought my R1 when I was 18 and they wanted like $2600 a year for insurance.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Man that is a nice setup! Enjoy Jennings and all of that suspension work!
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Thanks Mark. PS I have your rearsets. If you email me your address again I will send those out.

Jennings should be a blast. Weather is looking perfect.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

A few shots from Jennings a few weeks ago

2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

I don't see that knee on the ground

finished installing a new exhaust on the ninja1k. amazed at how not loud it is. all my 600class bikes turned into noisy rides with aftermarket exhausts but I don't notice a difference from stock to piped on this one. looks alone were worth it tho....still getting used to actually having a usable torque band below 10krpm's. kind of nice for around town riding..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Yeah my knee doesn't usually hit the ground. Especially in right turns. I am working on body position and looking through the turns. Hopefully the weather will cooperate in a couple weeks when I head back to VIR.

Sand I haven't seen any pics of your new bike. What is happening?
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

photobucket is such a pita to host to anymore I have gotten lazy. I'll put something up today as it was actually nice enough to ride

only downside is it's warm in the warehouse and I street-ride in steel toed over the calf leather boots. forgot my work shoes..

Default Re: Motorcycles!

Takes practice.. try getting with nesba or take a lesson, that pays off the quickest.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by parrothd; 05-14-2014 at 09:25 AM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    photobucket is such a pita to host to anymore I have gotten lazy. I'll put something up today as it was actually nice enough to ride

only downside is it's warm in the warehouse and I street-ride in steel toed over the calf leather boots. forgot my work shoes..
    I understand photobucket being a PITA. That sucks. I hate when I would forget to bring my work shoes or anything other then my boots.

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Takes practice.. try getting with nesba or take a lesson, that pays off the quickest.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I am working on it. I am working on getting my upper body outside the windscreen area.

I used to ride with NESBA until they went under and then bought out and now it is N2 Trackdays. Another trackday org was started at the same time Performance Riding Experience (PRE) by John Allen who used to be the Southeast director for NESBA. Great CR's and great people. We ride pretty much with them only. I have already scheduled some one on one time with some CR's at the end of this month.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

the new ride...
    added dual pipes and undertail. have the Kleen-air block off plates to install to get rid of the backfiring and probably a puig black screen and done. it's amazing both the riding posture and the low end torque of the 1k vs the 600's. powerband is much better for commuting/street riding. def. doesn't feel like it wants to lean over as easy as the '09 zx6 I had was. that bike was a corner carver. the front suspension feels somewhat sloppy in this 1kninja and I think some more aggressive rubber would make a world of difference, but it's a commuter now.

the gf's ride. 250 ninjette with a pipe. it sounds like a mad bee when you get on it. she def. needs a 600-650.