Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles!

Default Motorcycles!

Purchasing a 1998 Ducati Monster 900 later today. This will be my first bike and, while I know it's not exactly a beginner's bike, I'm getting a crazy deal on it from a friend of mine that took meticulous care of it.

I'm excited to get into the hobby, although I'm scared at the same time to have yet another money pit in my life.

Any other Ducati owners on here? Any motorcycle enthusiasts period, what are ya'll riding? What kind of tricks-of-the-trade do you have for me and others, similar to all the little nuances we all share for boating?

Here's the bike:

Been ridin for 6 years. '09 zx6 here.......

Do yourself a favor and take a stars course.
    Remember that you may have right of way but you will lose every time vs a car. Always make eye contact with cagers.

And PLEASE always wear gear......
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I ride an 05 zx6rr

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

Got a new helmet and jacket ordered and on the way, the helmet is coming with an interchangeable heated, dual-lens replacement so the helmet will serve as my snowmobile helmet as well. Great deal at denniskirk.

Also plan on taking a course, as soon as one opens up near me.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2005 mobius lsv

good lookin bike..

I never really liked the undertail exhaust that my '08 had, but it was much quieter when riding than the '09 with the side exhaust when you replace them with aftermarket...

my '09
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Mine used to be the same color lol

2005 mobius lsv

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    Do yourself a favor and take a stars course.
    Remember that you may have right of way but you will lose every time vs a car. Always make eye contact with cagers.
    Definitely second this if you haven't ridden before. When I rode I always watched those intersections and lane changers every time as if they didn't see me. That way I was ready for it when they came cutting out. It's really not a matter of "if" but "when" so be ready for it when your time comes.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I've had (street) bikes off and on for the last 14 yrs, been riding dirt since I was 6; I’m now 34..........wear gear and act like EVERYONE IS TRYING TO KILL YOU!!
    2015 Supra SE 550

The "not if but when" statement is the one I've been hearing a lot. I like to think I'm an incredibly defensive driver as it is but I know I'll have my eyes opened the first time I get cut off on a motorcycle.

Being around boating and snowmobiling my whole life, and having two pilots as parents has done its fair share of teaching me situational awareness, but I know it's a whole new ballgame when you multiply the idiots you can see on a busy traffic day.