Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles!

Just sold my Honda. Look out, it looks like a Ducati Hypermotard is on the way
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

^im jealous. I see the zx6 going away soon for something more commuter-friendly soon. no place around here to corner the bike. all the harley riders around here push for straight roads to get them from bar to bar
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Maxpower I love the hypermotards. Such a great overall bike. Have fun with it and post pics when you get it.

Sandm what are you looking to get? I gave up riding on public streets about 3 years ago. Nothing but straight roads here in Indiana.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

I think a girl in our neighborhood growing up once called me a "hypomotard".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=hypomotard
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

irish-not sure. really want a bmw gs1200 but the checkbook says no. I say that having never been on one and if it's like my buddies aprilia caponard he had, It would be easy to say PASS. liked the look but a very topheavy and overall sluggish on the road. liked my buddies fz1 and like the looks of the ktm 990superduke. not real serious right now as it's winter but I think in the spring with the values of sportbikes here in wisconsin, I think I'll be able to sell for within $500 of what I paid new for the bike so I'll get more serious once I can start riding. I only paid 7k otd for my '09 zx6 in '11 as a new leftover and I know I got a STEAL on it and part of me hates to sell as I'll not walk into that deal again on something else.

Yeah that is a hell of a deal. When I bought my R1 in '06 I got umm... raped. I was 18 and stupid bought it brand new and paid way more then I sohuld have. I didn't care tho I wanted that bike. I miss that bike. Just sold it last year. It was my baby. The FZ1's are awesome. A lot more comfortable then the R1 and they are just about as fast. I love the KTM superduke, well at least the style. Haven't rode one yet. I am very partial to Yamaha. So I say check out the new FZ8 they look pretty sweet.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

have looked at the fz8. originally ruled it out as 800 and 2-up don't mix, but ceo got her own bike this year so it may get a look. I had a yzf600 I bought new in '06 and I did resist the urge to go r6 much to the salesman's disappointment. only yammy I've owned and it was ok. dealer in my town was an ass so I never went back. biggest difference in kawi and yammi other than price(kawi is much cheaper) are that they kawi's have noisy valvetrains. the yzf was super quiet on the topend. both zx's I've owned have a lot of rattle uptop.

Yeah the STEALership I bought my R1 from was an ass too. Other then raping me. My wife bought a used '07 R1 from the same place in '08 only had about 500 miles and a bunch of aftermarket stuff done to it. So I looked it over was a solid bike for $7k. I rode it home took it to school over the next few days and realized when I pulled the clutch in it never fully disengaged. It was still under warranty so I took it back and 3 days later they tell me it's completely fine and that I was crazy. So I had the service manager and sales manager come out to the parking lot, started the bike click into first let the clutch out and immediately pulled it back in and the bike was doing about 8 miles an hour and I said this is normal? No I don't think so. But they wouldn't do anything about it. I think I cussed out about 6 people there that day. I tired to be polite and calm but after they wouldn't fix it and treated me like crap I was done. So I took it to a dealer about an hour away and they fixed it no charge. Orlando Yamaha/ Kawasaki is garbage.

Good luck finding a bike. It's so hard seeing how there are so many different bikes on the market.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

way too many to pick from. it'll be fun to look around. I'm guessing I'll be out of this area to buy one. prices here are uber-inflated. might make a good day trip to pick one up.
    ceo is on a 250ninja right now as a learner. she says no, but I tell her she'll be bored of it in another 1kmiles and ready for a 600. I see a 650ninja or a r6s in her future. sportbike look that she wants but much more commuter-friendly.

Yeah I tired to talk my wife into a R6 as her first bike and she hell no and she wanted an R1. She did really well. Your wife will probably get bored for sure. A ninja 650 or R6s are great bikes. Quick but still comfortable and not so torquey. That is why I sold my R1. Riding only the track I wasn't riding the R1 to it's potential, it was super fast in the straight but coming out of a turn I would spin my rear tire depending on how many session were on them. The R6 I can go so much further into a turn and hammer the throttle mid way and power out and pull R1's and other 1000cc bikes out of the corner. An absolute blast. You and your wife should try a trackday or track school. You won't regret it..... well maybe it will cost you more money. haha
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD