Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles!

The FZ6 isn't exactly "pretty" so I understand. The 650 ninjas are nice. Rode one my buddy was looking at.

Yeah I prefer a blinking light over a fuel gauge as well. I have never had a neutral finder other then the green light on my gauges. haha

I just got a text this morning that my wife wants me to buy us a KTM RC8..... I love that bike. Always wanted one just always bought other crap. So I might be putting one in my garage this summer. Who knows.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

never even heard of a nuetral finder...

my FZ1 and FZ6 both had fuel gages that start blinking when it gets to "reserve" status, including changing the odometer to a trip meter. Maybe yours will do the same?

Jealous of the RC8. Beautiful, and never had a chance to throw a leg over one. Well, I DID, but I couldn't (had the kids with me at a show with free demo rides )

HUGE difference between the FZ6 and the FZ6R. Only thing similar is the engine iteself. Completely different frames, suspension, etc. FZ6R is a very entry level bike, like the old Suzuki katana. FZ6 can be riddne quite hard, esp. with a few mods. While I don't like the FZ6R at all (they went really cheap on it...), I do like most of the FZ6's. They don't all look too bad 07 FZ6.jpg

Different power from 600 to 1000 for sure. Very different riding style required for the street. Been on the 1k for 2 years now, and while I like it SO much better for the highway, I did like my 600 better, even if I did have to wring it out. The FZ1 does seem to be a little more confidence inspiring.
    Last edited by rc5695; 03-31-2014 at 02:02 PM.
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

FZ6 vs. FZ6R vz. Ninja650. Ninja is way less power than FZ6, not sure compared to FZ6R. I'd take (or put somebody else on) the Ninja over the FZ6R anyday. the FZ6 has superior engine and suspension over the Ninja though. Not sure if they've made any updates to the Ninja in the last few years though either?
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

I have never thrown a leg over an RC8 either but I know I still want one. I had the opportunity at a trackday last year but I am hesitant to take anyone's bike on the track other then my wife's or mine because if I wreck it I would feel horrible. Had the same opportunity to take out a BMWS1000RR but turned it down as well.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

to be clear, fz6r. she didn't like the graphics on the '13 leftovers. I do agree as well. not a real attractive bike. the ninja is a clear winner in the looks category and since it'll never be tearing up a track, that's a bigger deal than improved engine or improved suspension for cornering. heck, everything out here is straight anyway I know the fz6 is nothing more than a r6 but she doesn't like the lack of fairings and overall look. I shopped the fz1 but it is not real loved when compared to the 1k ninja on all the road tests I read. ninja felt better overall. doesn't look as "naked".

my '09 zx6r had a feature that when the bike is stopped, from first gear, it doesn't matter how hard you click up to neutral, it will not go past into second gear. it's a cool feature but really just makes ya lazy. and agree on the fuel gauge. give me a flash on the display and a gear indicator. I will miss that a bunch..
    it is amazing how balanced the new 600 track bikes are. I did notice a big difference in how easy the zx was to throw around vs the 1k ninja. it's not a bad bike but I think the 600, for me, would be much more confidence inspiring around a real track. the 1k seems a lot more "soft".

rc8's are sexy but in that money, I think it'd be a s1000rr. I bet long term on a track, that bimmer will outlast the ktm. .
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Yeah I am looking at the S100RR and the Ducati 1198S as well. I guess it will come down to what the wife really wants.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by irish-racing View Post
    Yeah I am looking at the S100RR and the Ducati 1198S as well. I guess it will come down to what the wife really wants.
    that's sound rough ....
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

haha it is a tough decision. I wish I could afford all three but I would have to sell my boat, truck, wife and some other stuff
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Default Re: Motorcycles!

Picked up our new Irish-Racing mobile headquarters last night. Headed to Jennings Friday.

2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

nice setup...

picked up the new ride a few weeks ago. got a pile of parts to install.
    I've been with progressive insurance for a long time. kind of pissed as I insured it the other day. pricing is the same for either the 1000ninja/z1000/zx10r. how does that make sense? and it's $50 more/yr than my old zx6r.
    clearly they only look at displacement and not what the bike actually is.. oh well..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten