Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    How am I doing?

And Mike: how the hell are you getting 10k out of your oil? Is your truck not making oil?
    Lets also note Jake, you only tow with your truck...

IDK I use full synthetic and the truck shows 10K when it says its time to change the oil. I had a sample sent out of the first oil change and the company said it was fine, it could actually go more.

Ford says its a 10K oil change. Claudia VW TDI is the same, VW oil costs 70 a gallon and its rated for 10K.

I'll snap a Pic of my computer readings today..
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

The display is one thing but hand calculate and you'll get a more accurate mileage result. Also, most people change their oil more often than they really need to (I'm not saying that's a bad thing, better than the opposite)! But it does lend itself to spending alot more over the life of a vehicle than you really need to. And the waste it creates.
    Best way to determine service intervals is to do a fluid lab test. Most would be surprised to find they can go much longer than they thought. Every vehicle, driver, geographical area, ect... is different and to say they are all equal for wear/tear and service intervals doesn't make sense.
    Yes it costs a little bit but alot less per test than an oil change. Think about the $$ saved and betterment to the environment by extending intervals to only when needed!!
    I get the other side as well that for $30 why worry about it and just get it changed every 3k.
    But I run a diesel and the cost of fluid swap adds up quick and so I've been doing fluid analysis on it for the past 3-4 years.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

A lot of ecoboost owners are noticing much more fuel dilution even when compared to other DI vehicles. To the point where labs are finding the viscosity has changed and their oil levels are rising dramatically. Since Mike lives in the same climate as me I just wanted his first hand experience. At the rate I'm going I won't hit 10k for almost 2 years.

Mike is right, all I do is tow with it. Also I put 35" mud tires on it at around 2,000 miles and it's been dropping ever since. Definitely very happy with the truck, with a custom tune it's a blast to drive and has zero turbo lag!
    -Jake

Jake, I would still change mine if it was a year old. I run a lot miles on my truck. 20K in the first 12 months. I don't do a ton of stop and go traffic. 30 miles each way to work mixed.

I have not seen any issues with Fueling into my oil. I did see that on my 6.4 Diesel in the F350 until I took the DPF system off.

I got into testing my oil just like Viking was talking about when I had my diesels. 150 an oil change every 3K which is about 1.5 months for me was getting expensive.

Plus you have to understand, Synthetic is not OIL its an artificial oil made from chemicals, and or some crude oil components. SO it tends to last a lot longer then traditional oil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_oil

Anyhow my truck says 20% oil used right at 2K miles.
    Also every fill i hand cal my milage and on average its .5 less then the trucks computer shows. Also I tend to require 1 gallon more then the truck says I need.
    So for the most part these computers on the F150 are pretty spot on. Where as my Diesel could be as much as 2mpg off.

The current tank I am on.

The average since my last oil change early December.

Last edited by mmandley; 01-08-2015 at 12:55 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I made a few updates to my old girl by color matching the bumpers and giving the front end a black billet treatment. Long time coming, been talking about doing it for 2 years.

2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

^ Nice! Very nice Dusty.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Tres like!!!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Nice work Dusty. Looks GOOD

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Very nice. Get back to the real trucks ... not that ecoboost stuff
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default Re: Show Those Trucks

Nice!!!! Looks Awesome!!!!!

I'm looking to do mine as well.... Talked about it long enough as well...... I just can't decide whether to color match paint or line x.....or do black paint or line x

My baby.... And a photo of a 15 I saw with similar color and black...

uploadfromtaptalk1422303503980.jpguploadfromtaptalk1422303503980.jpguploadfromtaptalk1422303503980.jpguploadfromtaptalk1422303503980.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When stuck inside......
    Hanging out here and at my favorite camping and truck forums
    same name at www.dogandtrailer.com and www.duramaxforum.com
    2006 Mobius LS, 2009 Sydney Outback 310 BHS, 2011 Duramax - My toys