Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

I've been wondering about adding bags when we add a trailer or 5th wheel to the mix - guess I'll have to wait and see. I may be sitting too high for a 5er.

Couple updates - new toyos, dual steer stabilizer, tinted front glass to match the rest. I've had a new touchscreen DVD HU, amp, backup cam, etc. sitting in the garage since October waiting to go in. Waiting for a non-busy, dry, semi warm weekend that is...

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by irish-racing View Post

What bags do you have? I did the firestone air helper springs on mine with an onboard compressor.
    I think mine are the firestone but I didn't go with the onboard compressor. If I did it again, I'd add the compressor.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

There is a picture from the front. I love the look of it. I looked at a ton of bumpers but I really can't justify 2K for a bumper from like Road Armor or anywhere.

2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Yeah I am glad I went with the compressor. Makes life so much easier. You can still add the compressor now. Just sayin
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    I've been wondering about adding bags when we add a trailer or 5th wheel to the mix - guess I'll have to wait and see. I may be sitting too high for a 5er.

Couple updates - new toyos, dual steer stabilizer, tinted front glass to match the rest. I've had a new touchscreen DVD HU, amp, backup cam, etc. sitting in the garage since October waiting to go in. Waiting for a non-busy, dry, semi warm weekend that is...

How much lift do you have? I have been thinking about doing the dual steering stabilizers but I will probably wait until this fall when I do my 4" lift. Nice lookin truck.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Heres the new set up.

I have been doing a lot of reseach on the Roadmaster Active Suspension and I think I am finally ready to pull that trigger. With a 10% up to 40% over load on the adjustments I can set it up with no sag.

Plus it stops wheel hop, axle wrap from torque when you mash the skinny pedal.
    I have always had air bags but I don't like the stiff harsh ride of the rear end. The RAS is claimed to be a very simular to factory when unloaded as well as loaded.

This is stock, once I get the RAS installed I'll get measurements of ride height and drop with the boat.

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

BERG,
    Never too high for a 5'er - JK. Really depends on trailer and truck. Alot of trailers come pretty high as it is and might not need much modification other than adjustments on the hitch. There is usually a good couple inches of adjustment on them (at least my B&W there is).
    Air bags are a must imo if your going to be doing some heavy hauling/towing. I added them when I was pulling our 26ft. bumper pull and it helped alot. With 6" lift on the Duramax I did have to lift the fifth wheel as you know and go with a full travel air bag set-up from Cognito as standard factory size kit wasn't gonna work.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

well that explains why its sitting level
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Thanks Irish - It's riding on a Superlift 4" kit. I did have a bit of death wobble here and there on a hard uneven hit but the dual stabilizer masked/fixed it well enough.

If we go the 5er route I'm going to have to ditch the canopy and probably end up with a tonneau. Then air bags would be a must since the ones we've been looking at are triple axle monsters.

If we go the trailer route I'll bet the weight distribution hitch will take most any tail sag out of the equation.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Show Those Trucks

You can flip the axles on some 5ers.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there