Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    Just so I got this straight, the boat runs fine if you keep pushing the start button? Do you have any pics of the wiring that is spliced at the back and the back of the push button?

I would be looking to undo all the shotty work and fix any wiring that was cut into with solder and heat shrink tubing. I would also be removing the push button and trying a temp key or hot wire to eliminate it as the problem.

I'd check the oil pressure switch, generally the boat will run while you have the starter engaged, and stops when you release the key, the switch cuts power to the fuel pump...

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....5930#post25930

I'd bypass pass it to eliminate it, probably explains why the issue was intermittent. You should get the manual and verify the wiring...
    Last edited by parrothd; 03-18-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    I'd check the oil pressure switch, generally the boat will run while you have the starter engaged, and stops when you release the key, the switch cuts power to the fuel pump...

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....5930#post25930

I'd bypass pass it to eliminate it, probably explains why the issue was intermittent. You should get the manual and verify the wiring...
    This sounds promising. It didn't know what to look for while I was at the lake this weekend. Makes sense.....I forgot to mention that I don't get the 12 volts to the fuel pump when the key is in the ON position.

I'm a couple of hours away but wish i could go right now and try this.

Fogot to say a BIG...........
    THANK YOU!
    Last edited by Bend; 03-18-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Wiring diagram for LSV/Kamerbra probably the same for all early models.

http://www.parrothd.com/moomba/2002-moomba%20wiring.pdf
    Last edited by parrothd; 03-19-2013 at 12:01 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

parrothd,

Finally got back to the lake.

replaced the oil sensing unit. Still no luck. Everything remains the same. I get fire from the engine in start mode but engine dies when in "on" mode on ignition.

Checked wiring as best as I could.

Could I have replaced with the wrong ignition switch? (The fuel pump does not cycle in the "on" position but has power in the "start" position.

If this helps you, my fuel pump cycles on when I move the keyed ignition from OFF to ON.

Perhaps it would be helpful if you posted a picture of the wiring on the back of the motor that you stated was spliced. The wires that you stated were spliced, where do they go? Can you tell why they were spliced?

You may want to get the dealer to print off a wiring diagram of your boat.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Maybe the new ignition switch is bad
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Check page three. The picture is near the bottom of the page. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    If this helps you, my fuel pump cycles on when I move the keyed ignition from OFF to ON.

Perhaps it would be helpful if you posted a picture of the wiring on the back of the motor that you stated was spliced. The wires that you stated were spliced, where do they go? Can you tell why they were spliced?

You may want to get the dealer to print off a wiring diagram of your boat.
    Check page three. The picture is near the bottom on the page. I don't know why they were spliced but I [too] thought it must be something to do with the keyless igintion cause i know it didn't come from the factory liked that. i have the wiring diagram.

Default boat cranks but wont startr

If the pump doesn't prime when you turn the key from off to on (not all the way over to hit the starter) then your problem is in the wiring. It should prime for a couple seconds then stop until you start it, then it stays on. This would explain why it shuts off when start is released, 12v to the fuel pump is being cut too. Somewhere down the line power to the fuel pump and likely the ignition are wired incorrectly.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Default boat cranks but wont startr

Should be somewhat straightforward to trace down with a multimeter and wiring diagram.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018