Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lsv vs xlv

Default Lsv vs xlv

So I have been a boat owner going on 15 years, have owned flat bottom jet, i/o, and currently own a 2009 Yamaha AR 210. We really got into wake surfing this summer and while we could do it behind the AR 210 (and yes drop the rope) it was crazy difficult when compared to riding behind my buddy's 2001 Air Nautique. Now i definitely know I want to go with a V and don't want to get in the 80-100k range like other similar boats, and from everything I have read on these forums, everyone seems to love their Moombas. What i am really trying to find out and cant quite figure it out easily, is what the main differences are between LSV adn XLV, for 2012 or 2013, besides the length. and if anyone has experience riding in both boats with the 330 engine and 345 engine, how much difference there is, and what the best prop would be for wake surfing as the primary water sport. Ballast always varies, I think I am gonna buy bags to fill every locker and just play with it.

Also open to any advice on one boat vs the other - thanks!

There is no xlv for 2013 but great time to find a leftover AND discontinued model
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

The LSV has a walk through bow vs the XLV play pen style bow. This makes the LSV front ballast bag only 400 lbs while the XLV is 1180 lbs i believe. The XLV is deeper with more freeboard and longer. If you look at the two next to each other on the trailer the LSV really does seem small next to an XLV. It is said that the XLV is hard to get a clean wake at low speeds where you can get a clean wake on the LSV w/o ballast at around 18 mph.

I think for surfing you can really get a good wave on the xlv, send youdaman a message as he used to have an xlv and he had the surf wave pretty dialed in
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Center comes standard with a 650 upgradable to 1180.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Get a Mojo. Best surf machine in the SC lineup.

Defiantly give the mojo a look. We love ours
    Chris H.
    2012 Mojo
    Wake Life

WS420sq,4 Rev8's,JL Amps,2-TypeR 12's,6-Interior Kicker, Green/White LED

2012 xlv

One loaded with a v2

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...-Xlv-101818814

One with the oz not at loaded, great price

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=34358
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

LSV is one of the best all around boats ever made. Great surf wake for its size. Very respectable wakeboard wake. Still skiable if you are just a free rider. Does everything well and fits in the garage. XLV is bigger and is really set up to be loaded down for pro wakeboarders. It can be set up to throw a good surf wake too. Holds more peeps. The Mojo has more or less replaced the XLV and is just special. There's also a new LSV for '13 that you should look at. Should be a little better surf boat than the older one but retain a lot of the characteristics of the 06-later LSV. Lots of good models in the lineup. Best to test ride them all and figure out what is the most important thing to you. Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

thanks for all the replies - yeah i saw a couple of 2012 XLV's around and like the mojos but not too hot on the picklefork - either way trying figure out if it is worth the extra money to go to either of those from the LSV - definitely need to take a test drive / ride on them - once i get my current boat sold i can hopefully find some willing people to take me out so i can make a decision

I too wasn't completely sold on the front of the mojo until I rode in it. It has really grown on me. We were sold in the XLV. Love the room in the XLV and it was the boat for us. After speaking to Chris and test driving this mojo. We were sold instantly. If you are ever in pearland or want to ride with us, come on.. You are more than welcome to come check it out. just putting it out there. Funny how we had our minds on a killer XLV and bought this mojo
    Chris H.
    2012 Mojo
    Wake Life

WS420sq,4 Rev8's,JL Amps,2-TypeR 12's,6-Interior Kicker, Green/White LED