Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Can't win for trying

I was just getting into going to a cable park. The temps here took a major swing up and it's beautiful and hot here. Yesterday while getting into my work vehicle, I really pulled my back out. It also hurt down my right leg to my toes. If I wasn't already almost sitting down it would have brought me to my knees.

Now I'm in constant pain and taking drugs that hardly help to control it, while I could be wakeboarding.

Hopefully it's a simple strain that will go away in a week or so. Already went for x-rays. Results will come tomorrow.

On the up side, I'm still breathing, barely mobile, and above the ground.

I'll be drooling looking at pics of you folks still on the water.
    past---------------2003 Outback SOLD
    present------------2006 Supra Launch 21V

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rsinger View Post
    Hopefully it's a simple strain that will go away in a week or so.
    Wow, sorry about the mishap & pain, but lets pray to the lil baby Jesus the above is correct as its almost time to start hanging the Holiday lights!

That blows in the worst way... sorry man, and yes, the summer is gonna be coming to an end very soon for some of us (Northern folks). We should hopefully be pretty good here till mid October maybe?
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

northern folks from a guy in texas??

already made my winterization appt on sept. 28th. season will be done here on that day
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I spent three days in bed a few years back and I do core strengthening as I have two herniated discs in my lower back. I always have some very slight pain but sometimes my back just goes out a bit and gets into my right sciatic nerve in my hip. I have a PT place here at work and I get it worked on when that happens and it helps a lot. In fact, I'm going there this afternoon. You'll get back to where you were but get on the machines and work your stomach and back muscles as those muscles keeps your back aligned. I am doing everything that I did in the past except I don't play as much basketball and I do a lot of stretching before skiing. In my case, lose weight....sigh.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    already made my winterization appt on sept. 28th. season will be done here on that day
    Quitter!

It's good to live in the South
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by rsinger View Post
    I was just getting into going to a cable park. The temps here took a major swing up and it's beautiful and hot here. Yesterday while getting into my work vehicle, I really pulled my back out. It also hurt down my right leg to my toes. If I wasn't already almost sitting down it would have brought me to my knees.

Now I'm in constant pain and taking drugs that hardly help to control it, while I could be wakeboarding.

Hopefully it's a simple strain that will go away in a week or so. Already went for x-rays. Results will come tomorrow.

On the up side, I'm still breathing, barely mobile, and above the ground.

I'll be drooling looking at pics of you folks still on the water.
    I wouldnt be surprised if you slipped your L4 or L5 vertibrea. I have burs on both of them and slip them pretty regularly and get the exact same pains you describe.

One of the reason i dont tend to wakeboard to often anymore because i slip these so easily the doc said if i dont stop i might need back surgery.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

The dreaded L4 ,L5 . Yes i've had these two bulged for years and sciatic pain now comes and goes.As mentioned once you feel a little better and have some mobility. Work on and at least maintain core muscles. These are what keep you going strong and will greatly help reduce pain and flareups etc.

Good luck keep us posted. I'm sure there are many on here who have gone through similar issues and theres lots of usefull comments to help you out as well...
    07 Outback DD

Bunch of old farts in this thread. Let me guess, are all of your hemoroids actin up too??

I KID I KID!

That does suck Ron. I was wakeskating a few weeks ago and beat up my shins so bad that my scabs bled through tan work socks the other day on the plane.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    Bunch of old farts in this thread. Let me guess, are all of your hemoroids actin up too??

I KID I KID!

That does suck Ron. I was wakeskating a few weeks ago and beat up my shins so bad that my scabs bled through tan work socks the other day on the plane.
    How do you hit your shins on the wake skate?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold