Default Something a little different...

So last night I was going for a quick ride on the PWC before sundown and as soon as I left the dock I noticed a little patch of floating grass in the water, and notice a small movement. I rode up to it and noticed a small bird was stuck in the mess. I quickly rode back to shore, ran up to the cottage and noticed it was a baby hummingbird that I assume had fallen out of a nest that was in a tree overlooking the water. Its feet were stuck in the mess and was soaked (I assume it had been in the water for a good 30-45 mins) as my mom said she saw the grass floating in the water from the cottage earlier but didn't think anything of it as we always see stuff floating in the water. I quickly busted out a lamp for warmth and built a make shift shelter out of a cardboard box and lined it with tissue paper. I had to use tweezers to pull apart the grass and free his small feet. After about 10 mins of standing in front of the light and drying off it finally opened its eyes and started to make a faint chirping sound. I quickly fed it some home-made nectar (4:1 ratio of white sugar to water). After about 2 hours he seemed like himself so we left him outside hoping his chirps would alert his mother to come feed him, but we didn't see anything for the rest of the night. We put him inside the cottage overnight with the light for warmth and dropped him off this morning at an animal place and they had someone that looked after birds that would take care of him, so that made us feel better knowing he was going to be in good care.

I really think it was fate as it barely had any time left before it was either a) eaten by something b) finally gave up the struggle and died

Anyway just telling my little story from the weekend (it really made our day, even though some people could have cared less and just ignored that little bird in the water).

We nick named him Charlie as we weren't sure if he was a male or female and here is a pic:

Nice animal moment. Your right not everyone would have stopped to help.

Actually I have seen the opposite gn a bunch of reckless young adults drive fast into a lock of Canadian geese on the lake hitting on of the goslings... Idiot.

You did a great deed..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

i dropped a bird in the water the other hoping to watch something eat it
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Well, I once shot a bird at a guy on a PWC.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

my girls would have tried to force me to let them keep that lil birdy.

nice work.