Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Here's a better shot of mine. One to each battery. The terminals are labeled A and B. A is to the start, B to house battery. You can see the yellow wire in the pic. I have that hooked to the starter solenoid where it says in Al's thread but have never hooked it up to the ACR. Too busy enjoying out short season to mess with it and it's working fine.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346004090.546461.jpg
    -Jake

Or I learned something new today!
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    I'm no expert but I think your acr needs to be connected to the batteries!
    Attachment 15880
    It will be when the switch is in the ON position as it will be when the engine is running. With the way its currently configured in the OP's diagram, the ACR will not see the charge from the on-board charger and combine. This allows the charger to charge and condition the batteries independently. If the ACR is connected directly to the batteries, it will combine them once the charger is plugged in. Now they become one battery.

If no charger is being used, then yes, you would connect the ACR directly to the batteries.

So what is the advantage of hooking the amp power to the ACR vs straight on the house battery?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

They way I have it drawn the power from the amp goes to the Blue Sea Switch. It gives me the ability to move the switch to the off position and that basically disconnects the batteries from the amps and the house loads. It also disconnects the ACR from the batteries. That means the Promarine charger will see each battery (or battery bank) individually and charge them correctly. If the ACR wasn't disconnected it would combine the charge from the Promarine to the batteries and not charger properly, since it is a dual bank charger.

That's what I understand anyway. Hope it's clear as mud.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Maybe an explanation of the Blue Sea Switch too. The Switch has 3 modes. Off, On and Combined. Off is basically that. On each set of poles is switched on. Combined the battery banks are combined. Here's a picture of the modes.

2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    So what is the advantage of hooking the amp power to the ACR vs straight on the house battery?
    There is no advantage as that's not what the ACR is designed to do. The ACR is only intended to allow the alternator current to be distributed to the house battery when the engine is running. The dual circuit manual switch and the ACR are two different components.

Ahhh ok, I was looking at his diagram wrong. I thought the stereo power was going to the ACR but it's the dual battery switch.

But still, what advantage does that have over going straight to the batter for the stereo equip?

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Ahhh ok, I was looking at his diagram wrong. I thought the stereo power was going to the ACR but it's the dual battery switch.

But still, what advantage does that have over going straight to the batter for the stereo equip?

In this particular application, the switch allows for disconnecting the stereo system from the battery when the boat is stored.

Is there a reason for doing this?

David