Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Upgrading Stereo - Reviews Requested

OK,

I'm ready to get rolling on a stereo upgrade for our 2011 LSV. I've got the factory Kicker system in it right now and will be adding 4 Exile SXT speakers to the tower powered by a Harpoon amp. I'll also be adding a 2nd battery, charger and ACR and switch. A couple of pictures of the existing setup. Please comment on anything you see that you'd change or needs to be reworked or added.

I haven't pulled everything to check yet, but I'm assuming the 30 amp fuse is for the Kicker amp and the 50 amp breaker is for the main power. Existing setup:

Here's what I'm thinking for the new wiring setup. Wire gauge is what I think i have on the existing and what I think I should use for the new. Let me know if you think it's too small or overkill. I know I do not have fusing drawn in yet either. I'd like your thoughts so I get that correct as well.

2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Ron,
    That is a very nice job, not only the illustration but the scheme. Nice that you inverted the voltage sensing relay and switch in relation to the batteries.
    I do question layering the HU and EQ light duty 16-gauge ring connectors over a 3/8" Blue Sea post. Instead I would use a stepdown barrier strip off the distribution blocks, combine those two and run a small in-line fuse at the barrier strip power source. I would do the same thing on the ground side less the fuse.

David
    Earmark Marine

If you need a hand installing any of the new hear give me a buzz. I think I even have some 4 conductor 12 gauge wire left from when I did my tower that you can use.

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Ron,
    That is a very nice job, not only the illustration but the scheme. Nice that you inverted the voltage sensing relay and switch in relation to the batteries.
    I do question layering the HU and EQ light duty 16-gauge ring connectors over a 3/8" Blue Sea post. Instead I would use a stepdown barrier strip off the distribution blocks, combine those two and run a small in-line fuse at the barrier strip power source. I would do the same thing on the ground side less the fuse.

David
    Earmark Marine
    Thanks David. I thought there might be a better way to do the small gauge stuff. I'll check that out.

I think I got the idea on the switch and ACR placement from reading your suggestion on it in an earlier post.
    Last edited by rca; 08-23-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    If you need a hand installing any of the new hear give me a buzz. I think I even have some 4 conductor 12 gauge wire left from when I did my tower that you can use.

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    Thanks David, I'll let you know when I get ready.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

change the kicker 200 to something beefier to power your six cabins, you will lose them with the harpoon.

Great diagram BTW i will snap a pic of mine with the harpoon, and the kicker 700.5 with the wiring this weekend.

only difference i did not add the blue seas acr, Yet?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Looks real nice Ron, I do how ever not agree with running your Distro block to the Blue Sea switch.

I would run the Distro block power right to your Second Battery. Everything else looks pretty squared away.
    I also agree with changing out the 200.4 amp as its a bit under powered for your cabins, the nice caviate though is the 4 SXTs on the tower is going to make up for a lot of the cabin thats lacking. In time you will fine yourself wanting to upgrade the cabin amp and possibly the speakers
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I figured we would be doing some upgrading eventually. That's why I'm trying to get it right the first time and get parts that will allow me to expand.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Yeah man I had an MBQuart 600.6 amp that I used to power 6 polk db651s in my cabin and I didnt think it had enough power, and that was at 100 watts per channel.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

So Mike what's the thinking on Distro block straight to the battery vs. the switch? I guess it wouldn't make any difference as far as isolating or combining the batteries and it would remove a piece of equipment from the power loop of the stereo.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron