Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

So in the setup as shown, where would you add fuse or circuit breaker protection? Would it be on the 1/0 between the Blue Sea Switch and the + Distribution block, 150 amp? Also on the 6ga connection from the Blue Sea Switch to the Main House Buss, using the 50 amp circuit breaker installed currently?

I am redrawing the diagram with the HU and ZLD connected to a positive and ground strip. I'm adding a fuse between the distribution block and the positive strip. Any thoughts on fuse size for the HU and the ZLD?
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Ron - ZLD has a inline fuse that comes with it. 1A

RCA;

so to step into this thread and donate some revelent info, It will work either way whether connected to the stereo bank or the switch. Done right it will offer clean power without noise or issue. Why do I know this you ask? Because my power to the distro is pulled from the Blue Seas switch B post via 1/0 to the distro block and it works just fine powering a Harpoon, 1500.1 & 800.4. BUT, and I say BUT as it's not perfect thanks to some "expert advise" which we'll leave at that on wiring up a Blue Seas ACR with an onboard charger. I'm forced to redo some of my wiring and routing due to this so take it for what's it's worth, let's just say clarity in an explanation you can understand goes a long way! Do it your way, but connecting to the stereo bank is a tried and true method regardless.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    So in the setup as shown, where would you add fuse or circuit breaker protection? Would it be on the 1/0 between the Blue Sea Switch and the + Distribution block, 150 amp? Also on the 6ga connection from the Blue Sea Switch to the Main House Buss, using the 50 amp circuit breaker installed currently?

I am redrawing the diagram with the HU and ZLD connected to a positive and ground strip. I'm adding a fuse between the distribution block and the positive strip. Any thoughts on fuse size for the HU and the ZLD?
    Ron,

The circuit protection for the amps main B+ needs to be right the source. Within 18" is the norm.

Although the ZLD has an in-line fuse AT the ZLD, this fuse is there to protect the circuit if the ZLD itself has an internal short. It will to nothing to protect the 20ft of 14ga positive wire thats running around the bow of the boat from the battery to the helm where the ZLD is mounted.

So how does this look?

2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

That looks good. Again, personally I wouldn't circumvent the functionality of the dual circuit switch related to the amplifier draw yet leave the switch intact relating to the alternator and starter feed circuit? How does the capacity and resistance of the switch become an issue as compared to the contacts in the ACR? All that defies logic. So I would go with it as you have it.

David

what is a blue sea ACR, and what does it do for you ?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    what is a blue sea ACR, and what does it do for you ?
    An ACR (Auto Combining Relay) allows your house (stereo) battery bank and main starting battery bank to both receive a charge from the alternator while the engine is running. When the engine is off, it isolates, or disconnects, both banks from each other so your house/stereo loads only draw from the house battery bank. This is done automatically.

thanks for explanation in simple terms that i could understand.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I'm no expert but I think your acr needs to be connected to the batteries!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346002230.829503.jpg
    -Jake