Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Grand Lake, OK ??

Can anybody give me some insight to Grand Lake in Oklahoma? I am going to try it for the 3 day holiday weekend. We plan to stay near Bernice. Looking for some spots to wakeboard and some other spots to hang out. Will the big boats be a problem on a busy weekend?

Thanks for any help
    2004 Mobius LSV

you need to consult rick, nobodyridesforfree! he is a grand lake guy. I have been there but it was may and kind of cold and windy. But we still found some decent water. We were at monkey island.
    2019 Moomba Makai
    2015 Moomba Mojo(sold)
    2011 Axis A22
    2006 Honda arx1200
    2006 Moomba Lsv
    2008 Moomba XLV gravity edition

I have a place on Grand, we are in Disney down near the dam. If you are looking to wakeboard you can go under the bernice bridge to the north side and water is usually pretty good. If you make it up near Grove you can go to Carey Bay. Or if you can get there you can usually find good water way back in Drowning creek. IMO Wakeboarding is not an option after about 10am anywhere but possibly the named places.

The BIG boats will be a problem and unfortunately its not just on holiday weekends anymore. Duck creek and Dripping Springs are across the lake from each other. I try to avoid those areas in my boat (2010 LSV) just because the waves get so big its no fun at all.

Fun places to hangout out are Dripping Springs (not so kid friendly), thunder bay in the back of Duck Creek, Ketchum cove (party cove).

Hope this helps. if you would like more info let me know.
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Thanks for the help, I have spent lots of time on lake of the ozarks and table rock lake. Sounds more like lake of the ozarks. The bridge at Bernice is low, so that keeps the big boats south, that's what I hear. I won't have any trouble getting under the bridge with a wake tower, will I?
    2004 Mobius LSV

Should not be a problem to get under that bridge with a tower. Just pay a little closer attention to the depth as that area is fairly flat.
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

KC, My place is 5 minutes from Bernice bridge. You will be able to clear the bridge no problem. If you are coming south from the bridge and want to board, Go to the right(west) the flats is where I go for calm water. Skiers and boarders go there. A few big boats go there on weekend to float and hangout. The main part of lake is rough from big cruisers. I try to follow one if I go accross the lake to Duck Creek or Dripping Springs. Duck Creek has marinas and Ugly johns(resturant) food is pretty good, they are only open on weekends now. The party coves are not bad becuase GRDA stays in the Big ones to make sure of No nudity and craziness. Dripping has the cliffs you can jump off of. Alot of boats and loud music on weekends. Woodard Hallow is straight south of Monkey Island and is more laid back. No cliffs and a Older crowd. Its just a big cove, no resturants or marinas. Monkey Island has a marina and Insland Joes resturant and bar. Typical bar food, thats ok.
    We are heading down Friday morning the 31st for the weekend. We can catch up with you if you want. Its our all adult holiday weekend we take every year. I will Pm you.
    Let me know if you have more questions, My albums has pics of the Lake and friends if you want to look at them.

Todd are you coming Labor Day weekend?
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

Thanks to all for the insight, this is exactly whatI was looking for. Rick, I sent you a PM. Maybe we will see you on the water. Looking forward to checking out a new lake. Any time on the water with the Moomba is a great time!
    2004 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyrides4Free View Post
    Todd are you coming Labor Day weekend?
    I think we are headed up there Friday after work if weather is looking good. We will be there all day Saturday and part of Sunday as we have to get back for a wakeboard demo and event on Skiatook Monday at Crosstimbers Marina.

Hit me up and we can meet up. I will have a small group of kids wakeboarding.
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Todd, sounds good. Where do you board at , by the dam? Skiatook is like 7 feet low according to lake reports, be careful? I will PM you my number.
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

I've met Rick down at Brostock he's a stand up guy, I'm sure that you guys will have a good time.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"