Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2007 Moomba LSV with many upgrades - $35,000

It is with great sadness that I post this, but up for sale is my 2007 Moomba LSV.

With a baby on the way, we are temporarily moving over to a cabin cruiser for a few years. I plan to take pictures this weekend and post the boat on a few sites, but wanted to get something up here first. If you are interested, message me and I’ll send pics your way before doing the posts this weekend. The 1 picture here is from last year, before the light bar was added.
    • 2007 LSV with ~225 hours. I have owned her for 2 years and she had 75 hours when I bought her. This is the first year of the increased freeboard.
    • Boat is mechanically perfect and services are current through this year.
    • Installed second battery with selector switch this year.
    • Dark grey hull below the rub rail with Brittney blue top and inside. White vinyl interior with blue and grey swipes. Grey carpet.
    • Custom white vinyl flames coming back from bow
    • About every option that you could ask for when surfing or wakeboarding: board racks, perfect pass, stock ballast and wake plate
    • Heater
    • Roswell 3 light bar and docking lights
    • Tower mirror
    • Black bimini
    • All audio has been replaced since I purchased the boat….
      • Head unit: Kenwood KDC-MP232 (with front aux input for iPhone),
      • EQ: Wetsounds 420 EQ (to control tower speaker volume and in-boat volume separately, installed under driver’s console so that you can adjust everything while driving)
      • PA system hooked into tower speakers (part of Wetsounds EQ package)
      • Roswell light bar with Kicker KM6500.2 projection speakers (this isn’t your stock tower speaker, these are AWESOME).
      • Remote on transom and at driver’s seat.
      • All in-boat speakers upgraded to Polk DB-651s
      • The 10” sub is the only thing that I haven’t upgraded, will lookup model this weekend.
      • 2 amps: Kicker ZXM700.5 and ZXM450.2
    • Recessed Magma grill mount installed (can include grill for extra $100).
    • Put set screws in swim platform to eliminate the slop.
    • Matching single axel trailer, with illuminated “Moomba” cutout on steps.
    • Still have all manuals
    Price is firm at $35,000.

Inbox me with questions. If anyone lives in the south and has successfully taken a newborn out on a wakeboarding boat all summer (without having a lake house to dip back into when it got too hot) I would love to hear about your experience – I am still looking for a reason not to sell but right now it seems like the right thing to do…

Before anyone asks - the boards and accessories are not for sale; I’m hoping to still board with friends and keep them for when we move back to a wakeboard boat in a few years.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (66.6 KB, 104 views)

Quote Originally Posted by bbridger View Post
    If anyone lives in the south and has successfully taken a newborn out on a wakeboarding boat all summer (without having a lake house to dip back into when it got too hot) I would love to hear about your experience – I am still looking for a reason not to sell but right now it seems like the right thing to do…
    Well . . . . . .

We do have a lakehouse and maybe that was a "safety net" of sorts for us, however we spend 99% of our time outside vs in the house. Our now 4 yr old son was born in Jan and we were on the water with him & his older sisters in April. You just have to be prepared, flexible and find ways to make it work. The summers fly by and you'll be back in the wakeboat market sooner than you think.

I say take it off the market as the season is coming to a close and you won't get top $$. Try it a few times at the start of next season. If it doesn't work for your family, then put it up for sale. I bet you will get as much, or more, for it at the start of next season than the end of this season.

We used the car seat in the walkway, bought 12v fans from WalMart, spent time hanging out in coves during nap time, carried extra plastic bags for poopy diapers, etc. to ensure everyone had fun on the water. I've seen a bouncy seat hung from the tower and other cool ideas that have helped the new family to adapt to the water.

Send me a PM and we can even have our wives talk it thru.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 08-21-2012 at 10:18 PM.

I've never understood the "ditch the boat cuz we have a baby" thinking. To me, a baby is a reason to go out and get a boat. Let that kid grow up on the water. You'll be glad you did. Babies sleep a lot. You'll be staring at a sleeping baby thinking, "hmmm, he/she could be doing this on the boat but we don't have one now."
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

We took are little girl out on the boat she loves to sleep while floating I say keep it

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

Yeah we just had a baby July11 2012. At 2 weeks and 6 days we left the dock at 1030am and didnt get back until 7pm. It was 94 degrees ambient and as sunny as they come. You just gotta keep em out of the sun. I acutally brought a 60qt cooler and filled half way with ice, then folded up a towel and put it on top of the ice. That lil joker slept there all day. NO we didnt close the lid. People are sooo cautious these days. Think about the babys born at the arctic circle and the equator, 500 years ago. They manage. Here he is at 2 weeks and 3 days on my neighbor's x-2, and then the second pic is about 3 weeks old in our neighbors pool....

20120729_141608.jpgIMG_20120811_175506.jpg
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

I agree. Drew's advice there is pretty solid. We've had a boat ever since my was 1 year old. There are ways to make it work, get creative. That is another way to make it fun. A newborn will sleep anywhere. The drone of the engine will lul them to sleep pretty quickly. Just keep him/her cool and covered and you will be set! If you love to board and surf you will regret moving to the Cruiser and BTW that first year FLIES by! My girl LOVES the water and that's because it's been a staple in her life since almost day one. Before she was born I had a Yamaha GP1300R...after she was born we got our first Moomba and then our second. The water will ALWAYS be a part of our life and most likely hers...Yesterday, at 3 years old, she surfed with me and loved every minute of it. Almost every day she asks if we can go on the boat...Nothing better than sharing what you love with those that you love and them love it too. The earlier you start the better....I'm pretty sure you will get the same thoughts from most of the guys here. A lot of us have lil guys and gals.

KEEP IT!!!

On a related note, where are you all going to have your baby? My wife is a RN in Labor and Delivery at North Fulton in Roswell. If you all go there she will take GREAT care of your wife and your new little one.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I very much appreciate the input, everyone! I'm still on the fence about whether to sell it, but it is good to hear that so many people have had good experiences with babies on their moomba. I may have paniced, over reacted and bought into the hype of having a cabin cruiser with a newborn.

I'll leave the ad up but have another talk tonight with the wife (using the pics from lewisb - thank you very much!). Believe it or not, she's arguing to keep the moomba and I am ashamed to say that I'm the one that has been saying that we needed to switch over to a cabin cruiser...

I went from a cabin cruiser TO a Moomba, because the kids couldn't handle sitting there all day doing nothing. Granted I bought a lakehouse, but the kids love the boat and I'm trying to get them into the water sports. They are 5 (boy) and 2 (girl). Trust me, you'll get the cabin cruiser, go out, drop anchor and then think "WTF do I do now?"
    2017 Moomba Craz

First boat was a 19' Rinker Bowrider oldest was 2 weeks old when he went out on the boat the first time, bouncy seat on the floor. Owned boat till he was 2
    Second boat was a 23' Rinker Cuddy oldest was 2 years youngest was 4 months old, they spent alot of time in the cuddy the first couple of seasons. Even overnighted on the boat a couple weekends each summer. put a fan in the cuddy. Thanks to the extra freeboard the little one could not climb over the sides. That was until he climbed up the port seat and was hanging over the window while launching onetime. Simple solution dock line thru jacket to seat back. (only like the driver in TV while launching / loading). Owned boat till they where 6 and 4.
    Third boat 26' Ebbtide Cuddy bowrider The kids out grew the cuddy some but still took naps. Water sports started to take more boating time vs anchor and swim. only had for 2 seasons, 8 and 6.
    Then I found the light and bout the XLV, youngest still used to take naps on early morning runs under the bow cover.

Best times are on the water with the kids followed by the passed out kids in the back seat on the ride home from the lake. Yes I spent money trying to figure out what type of boating we really wanted and what lakes to spend time on. In the end the kids behind the boat won out, also the closest water has a length limit on it.

When it's warm enough to be on the boat it's too hot in the cabin anyway.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!