Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

We have this invasive plant called hydrilla that has taken over about a third of Lake Austin, last I looked at least. It forms this mass of what sort of looks like seaweed that floats close to the surface in huge matts. The best thing they have found to combat it is asian grass carp, which feed on it. They've released a bunch of these fish into Lake Austin in an attempt to get control over the hydrilla.

The problem is the drought they are experiencing in central Texas. Lake Travis feeds Lake Austin, but because Travis is so low the temperature in Lake Austin is over 10 degrees warmer. That caused an explosion of hydrilla this and last year. It's a mess.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Doomswell View Post
    Im actually going to be on Lake Travis in a few weeks with the guys from Shred Stixx. Maybe we could hook up and Ill let you test some boards.
    Man you should have joined the forum a month or two earlier! We just had the TX Moomba/Supra Jam and it would have been a great opportunity for you bring some boards up to sell and demo!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

So the hydrilla is still bad? Was really hoping it would be better by now. Heading up for the opener next weekend and debating whether or not to take the boat. Probably just skip it and ride Monday when we get back.

To get the thread back on track...we have 3 boards that we ride. We have a Props Pro, a Shred Stixx Thresher, and an Osia. Props and the Thresher are surf style, and the Osia is what I would consider a hybrid that leans more toward surf with the triple fin setup. It's a made in China board that is surprisingly fun.
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

Taft, I'd take the boat. We were in Lake Austin a month or so ago and there was still plenty of great water. When we got down toward the end of the Emma Long Park it started getting bad. Our favorite part is the section just past Ski Shores, around the bend, down to the end of Emma Long Park. Usually the smoothest water in that section.

We'll be on Canyon Lake all weekend for Labor Day.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Man you should have joined the forum a month or two earlier! We just had the TX Moomba/Supra Jam and it would have been a great opportunity for you bring some boards up to sell and demo!
    Yea that would have been great. We did an event last night showing off some of our boards. It went really well. We are doing another one in 2 weeks to demo some more product. Next time you're in Texas let me know. We will for sure hook up.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomswell View Post
    Yea that would have been great. We did an event last night showing off some of our boards. It went really well. We are doing another one in 2 weeks to demo some more product. Next time you're in Texas let me know. We will for sure hook up.
    I live in Katy just west of Houston. When I am not at work I am always in Texas! I don't need to go home but anywhere in Texas will be fine!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Hyperlite 5.6
    Hyperlite 4.9
    Lakewakes Pirate board
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

new shred.jpg

This is a new shape we are testing next week. Thats just one in the hopper. There will prob be some video of how she does. Its a 4'5. It will have the Twinzer setup so Im sure she will be fast.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Sweet Spots are 4'8"

But, if he trying to pull a 720, he needs a skim vs surf. The only dude I've seen pull a 720 on a surf style board is Chase Hazen and that kid has talent that very few can match.

He may want to try a Black Pearl from IS.
    Damn, then I somehow must find some talent to pull that 720 off I have managed to get round but have difficulties in getting back into the pocket

IS swallow
    HL broadcast 5.6
    Phase five Icon for the kids.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold