Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Interior

Default New Interior

Got some new interior in the last couple weeks, pretty happy with it. Not so much with the company, the people that did it were terrible, had to take 4 different pieces back 3 different times. got the back seat peices in yesterday and realized that they forgot the top piping and there is a huge gap....so back to the shop we go. They are going to love me!!! But hey I paid them to do a job right!! They said the wrinkles will come out with the heat and sun...we will see

photo 6.jpgphoto 5.jpgphoto 7.jpgphoto 8.jpgphoto 9.jpg
    1998 Outback

Last edited by BGeorge01; 08-16-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    1998 Outback

Camp on pool 8 of Allegheny River (Adrian, PA)

Wow - Looks good!!! I like the darker gray color. I have an 03 Outback with the primary color of the seats being light gray. We have issues with staining and getting dirty quick. Will definately go with a darker gray at the time of interior upgrade.

Thanks for the pics.
    2003 Outback
    Boat name = Lynn Syndrome
    Its a condition that runs in the family...Judy Lynn (mother-in-law) Heather Lynn (wife) & Megan Lynn (daughter)...no known cure...but the boat helps
    New boat for me on 10/9/10.

Whoo hoo!

O-H

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Syndrom View Post
    Wow - Looks good!!! I like the darker gray color. I have an 03 Outback with the primary color of the seats being light gray. We have issues with staining and getting dirty quick. Will definately go with a darker gray at the time of interior upgrade.

Thanks for the pics.
    thanks!! ya thats why I went with the darker, hopefully not to dark that it burns legs but will hide the dirt and what not.
    1998 Outback

Looks good. Do you mind giving detail around:

1) What type of shop you found, and how you found them?
    2) How much you did yourself.
    3) ballpark costs?

Thanks!
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers

I think Urban Meyer picked the colors for him.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bkearney View Post
    Looks good. Do you mind giving detail around:

1) What type of shop you found, and how you found them?
    2) How much you did yourself.
    3) ballpark costs?

Thanks!
    Ya it was a "do all" custom shop. First class Customs here in Wintersville Oh. they do everything from car alarms/starts to rebuilding entire cars. there was not alot around where I am at to be honest, it was either this place or a custom shop in Pittsburgh which was about 1 away. So I went to this local shop.

I pretty much tore it all apart myself so I could clean the boat really good. Started with the back seats down the sides and to the front. While they had the seats and sides I cleaned behind all of the seats and all the carpet. I learned alot about the boat just by tearing it apart.

The cost....haha....I ended up paying about $1800. The place in pittsburgh wanted $2500 and there was another place about a 1hr 1/2 into Ohio more that wanted $1300. Stayed close so I wouldnt have to trailer the boat that far and was middle pricing. I am sure that they will get it all right it just sucks that when you spend that much money it cant be right the first time. I think what happen is I got a guy that is "just learning" at least thats what I'm picking up by what the other one is saying.

next up are 4 new speakers(havent decided what yet), new platform pad, and once winter hits gonna try my luck at getting a shine out of the outer haul.
    1998 Outback

Quote Originally Posted by BGeorge01 View Post
    Ya it was a "do all" custom shop. First class Customs here in Wintersville Oh. they do everything from car alarms/starts to rebuilding entire cars. there was not alot around where I am at to be honest, it was either this place or a custom shop in Pittsburgh which was about 1 away. So I went to this local shop.

I pretty much tore it all apart myself so I could clean the boat really good. Started with the back seats down the sides and to the front. While they had the seats and sides I cleaned behind all of the seats and all the carpet. I learned alot about the boat just by tearing it apart.
    So you tore the panels off, and then they put vinyl on the panels, and then you re-attach? Is that the drill?
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers

Quote Originally Posted by bkearney View Post
    So you tore the panels off, and then they put vinyl on the panels, and then you re-attach? Is that the drill?
    Thats it! My back seats literly just pulled up and out (no bolts) but the rest had 7/16 nuts behind the fiber glass. Get them off then just pull the panel/seats. 2 of the 3 places that quoted me would have let me just take my boat there and they would have done everything(Pull them off, reupholster, putt back on) but it would have been from $500-800 more. No thanks I can figure it out for that much. Plus I knew it needed a good cleaning and they werent going to do it.
    1998 Outback