Default Water left in the bilge.... add another pump??

A lot of us are familiar with issue of water remaining in our bilges that will not drain out.

Has anyone bothered adding a second bilge pump to get this water out?

Tom
    2008 Mobius LSV, 325 Assault, Acme 1433
    Ballast: 1100s rear, 400 center and IBS plumbed on valve. 3 Johnson Reversibles.
    Audio: 2 SKM10 subs and 6 KM6200s powered by Kicker IX1000.5, Pair REV8s powered by JL M4300 amp, Kenwood 440u head unit, RC107 remote at helm, and RC60 remote at transom
    Misc: Blue Seas Add-a-Battery, SeaDek, Evolution Cover, Blue interior LEDs, 2 Attwood Underwater LEDs

Can't remember a second bilge install, but someone did install a center drain plug.

I had the same issues when I got the Supra and added one. I didn't epoxy it down, I like being able to move it around if I wish and have found it stays in one place when I leave it alone. It's a Rule 25S
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346302758.232038.jpg
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by tcallis View Post
    A lot of us are familiar with issue of water remaining in our bilges that will not drain out.

Has anyone bothered adding a second bilge pump to get this water out?

Tom
    Run a cheap drill hose pump Down the ski locker hole and pump it out , cheap easy , not automatic.

There is a spot in the center of the gas tank that a hard mount bilge would work. Just a lot of work.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

My biggest complaint with my boat is the water under the ski locker... I cannot figure out where its coming from but after any use its always there... I drilled thru the locker floor dug out the foam @ put in a 5" deck plate... I can always suck out a couple of gallons of waterafter a day on the lake... I wish I could figure out a way to put a pump down there...
    2008 LSV 1100s 650IBS Reversible Pumps w\Timers

Quote Originally Posted by eblom View Post
    My biggest complaint with my boat is the water under the ski locker... I cannot figure out where its coming from but after any use its always there... I drilled thru the locker floor dug out the foam @ put in a 5" deck plate... I can always suck out a couple of gallons of waterafter a day on the lake... I wish I could figure out a way to put a pump down there...
    You should be able to do that. Drop a pump in the 5" hole, cut a hole on the deck plate for the drain elbow and wiring, run wire to bilge switch , drain hose tie into locker ballast near thu hull.
    Place center ballast on top, flip switch once in to drain hull.

This was my plan, but I traded the boat before I added that mod.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I could do that but was afraid of the spaghetti mess of wire and ballast\bilge hose in the ski locker... Between the vent hose, fill hose, bilge hose and wire, and bag that would be alot going on in that space... I take that bag out every time I go out to let that space air out too. I will look at it again tonight... it sure would be nice make it work... Thanks for the suggestion
    2008 LSV 1100s 650IBS Reversible Pumps w\Timers

You could use an impeller pump like jasco and then mount the pump and wiring under the dash and then just run the drain hose to the ski locker and hook the other side of the pump to T into the thru hull overflow/vent line of the front ballast bag, it'd also need a check valve on the leg of the hose that actually ran to the front bag... woud cost more but'd be cleaner in the ski locker... or there is always the XLV upgrade path
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V