Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 06 obv running rough

I just traded my 02 outback dd for an 06 obv with 23 hours on it. It's like new but it has a rough idle and
    Stalls on hole shot. I've tried carb cleaner and seafoam in the gas but problem persists. It looks like the
    next step is changing the fuel filter, but I can't locate it? Any help or suggestions?
    2006 Outback V
    310 Carb

Mine is behind the fuel tank on the starboard side. Hope this helps

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

Did you trade at a dealer? 30-60-90 day warranty? If you can't find the fuel filter I sure hope you had someone check over the boat, especially where you live where it tends to get very cold.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Young24 View Post
    I just traded my 02 outback dd for an 06 obv with 23 hours on it. It's like new but it has a rough idle and
    Stalls on hole shot. I've tried carb cleaner and seafoam in the gas but problem persists. It looks like the
    next step is changing the fuel filter, but I can't locate it? Any help or suggestions?
    I had a similar issue with my '06 OBV and ended up changing the "throttle mate". It's the small black box with a lever that the throttle cable connects to . It's back in the engine compartment. It was about $120 but that fixed the problem.

uh wait, you said you tried carb cleaner. Are you saying it carbeurated vs EFI? Mine was EFI.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Mine has a carb, I followed the fuel line on passenger side, but couldn't see it. I haven't taken the lockers apart yet
    Though.
    2006 Outback V
    310 Carb

Ok, I finally replaced the fuel filter, but it still stalls and idles rough? What do I do next?
    2006 Outback V
    310 Carb

[QUOTE=Young24;191695]Ok, I finally replaced the fuel filter, but it still stalls and idles rough? What do I do next?[/QUOTEc
    Is the electric choke working?

I'd start with the basics, plugs, cap, rotor, wires. Since it only has 23 hours on it I'd bet it's been sitting with untreated fuel, you'll probably need to rebuild the carb, or at least disassemble it and clean the jets. You could try some stp fuel treatment, you might get lucky..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I ran a tank with seafoam through it and it wasn't much better. How do you check the electric choke. I am planning on new plugs next.
    2006 Outback V
    310 Carb

If it's a holley carb, take the air cleaner off, there should be a metal flap covering two holes, see the ebay pic, it should be closed when cold, and after the engine warms up it should open. If you run the boat with a fake-a-lake or on the water it should open slowly and fully, what ever you do don't drop anything in there...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1850-600-CFM...ht_1339wt_1180
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

why would SC make some 06 OBV's with carb and some with EFI. Mine was EFI. Was that an option back then?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand