Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Did I mention I hate trailers? Another leaking wheel seal...

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Did I mention I hate trailers? Another leaking wheel seal...
    Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    Why should you be the only one. I just redid the bearings and the o-ring on one side is leaking. It's going to have to wait until spring.
    past---------------2003 Outback SOLD
    present------------2006 Supra Launch 21V

Ron

Wow sorry to hear you guys have so many issues with your trailer, Dave your deff the guy who your trailer hates LOL.

I have to say no issues with my trailer ever. Same set of tires since it was new and there only 1/2 worn and no cracks at all. Never an issue with brakes or axles.

All i can attribute this to is my boat stays inside the garage in the bad weather and i have only towed it in the rain maybe 1/2 dozen times.

As for the trip to the lake,

I too have felt at times the truck is working harder to get to the lake then home but this is always at the start of the season.

By the end its deff not working harder, but the trip home always takes longer then the trip to the lake. 6.4 Twin Turbo Diesel never bats an eye at towing the boat, ive had her doing 90 passing people up hill in the mountians on those double passing lanes haha.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Trailer Problems

You probably want to get any trailer problems resolved before going on any measureable journey.

I towed my Mobius from my club in Gloucester UK, to Gastes, in France (1 hour south of Bordeaux) in June for a 2 week wakeboarding holiday. (650miles over 11 hours @55mph)

My trailer had never moved more than 100 meters, as I'd never taken it anywhere in 5 years.

I lubbed the bearings regularly, and looked at the tyres prior to the trip, they looked okay to me.
    However, after 100 miles through France I had a blowout.
    In the attached picture, you can see that the tyre itself had dissintegrated.

Luckily, i had a spare wheel ready to change, and did so, on the motorway in 15 mins.

Wierd thing is, as I have a double axle trailer, i didn't even know the tyre had punctured.....i felt nothing, and heard nothing....luckily, some drivers let us know as they passed!

So after stopping, I checked the other tyres.....sure enough, they all had large cracks in the wall.
    And they were hot!

So driving very slowly, and carefully, we did make it to our destination, and then i had the other tyres replaced while we were there.

Moral of the story.....ensure your trailer tyres are good before you go on a long journey, also ensure the pressures are correct....mine were 30psi and should have been 50psi.
    They were old too, at least 8 years.

On a side note, the brakes were not operating all the way down there, so i had to rely on the truck stopping us......so we drove at 50mph all the way. Not a good setup, but we made a gamble and it worked, next year i will be replacing the master cylinder before the trip.

Just for your info.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (54.5 KB, 21 views)
    Dave Longbotham
    Minsterworth Waterski Club
    River Severn
    England
    U.K.
    Mobius V 2000
    [email protected]

www.youtube.com/user/Wolfstone1000

Wolfstone your very lucky the tire blew like it did and not came apart. Normally you see pictures of the tire shredded and the fender all bent up too.

If we kept the boat 1 more season i was planning on replacing the tires because we are planning an AZ trip for next summer and even going 200 miles to Lake Billy 2xs this year was making me nervous on these tires LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Okay, so I'm up at Hyco for the weekend, so I finally got to tow the boat with the new brake actuator. It works awesome. I didn't really know that my brakes haven't been working correctly for so long. They apply really smoothly and work great. When I accelerate from a stop, there is no more clunking on take off. Didn't notice any improvement in the towing on the way to the lake, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post
    Okay, so I'm up at Hyco for the weekend, so I finally got to tow the boat with the new brake actuator. It works awesome. I didn't really know that my brakes haven't been working correctly for so long. They apply really smoothly and work great. When I accelerate from a stop, there is no more clunking on take off. Didn't notice any improvement in the towing on the way to the lake, though.
    no clunking on take off??? what did you replace??? my clunks hard core depending on how quick i get on the gas. and as the tongue slides in and out it makes some awful squeal noises. they should have grease fittings on these
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    no clunking on take off??? what did you replace??? my clunks hard core depending on how quick i get on the gas. and as the tongue slides in and out it makes some awful squeal noises. they should have grease fittings on these
    http://www.pacifictrailers.com/UFP-S...bsorber-32306/

How does this mount? I hate the trailer clunk.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    How does this mount? I hate the trailer clunk.
    Its a part inside the a60 actuator. If all is working properly there shouldnt be a clunk. I get no clunking while trailering. I can feel when the actuator extends after it has been compressed but i get no clunking.