Thread: Gel coat repair

Default Gel coat repair

Pulling up to the dock so my 14 yr old lab could get out and bumped the nose.....tool a chip out of the gel coat about the size of a quarter. Any suggestions on repair kits? best off to have a body shop do it? Any idea on costs? Thanks guys
    2005 Moomba Outback

We did the same thing earlier this year....250.00 at the dealership can't tell it ever happened. Worth every dime

From me phone
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

I'm going to try my own. It's on white. The kit is around $30. I'll try to take a few pics when I do it.

I've also got some minor scratches on the blue portion of my boat, but I'll wait until I see how the white turns out.
    past---------------2003 Outback SOLD
    present------------2006 Supra Launch 21V

Ron

I would order the exact color from Spectra Color. it will same you time trying to match the white.

Did same thing, went to a repair shop, money well spent, can't tell that it ever happened. Mine was 2 -3inches long and pretty deep. Wouldn't risk doing it myself if you can have it done fo a few hundred bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffandkaren View Post
    Did same thing, went to a repair shop, money well spent, can't tell that it ever happened. Mine was 2 -3inches long and pretty deep. Wouldn't risk doing it myself if you can have it done fo a few hundred bucks!
    Where did you take it? I'm in the area and wouldn't mind having a place in mind in case I need it.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Just add some cabosil to the gelcoat to thicken it some. You can use a wax paper over the repair to let cure nice and smooth. Leaves minimal sanding to finish