Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Replying to Topic 'New Boat Pricing'

So, does that Gekko do the moon walk or sell car insurance? I didn't look where you live but someone suggested wait for the boat show - solid advice.

The boat show pitch has a three year warranty option and some free options. Dealer discount depends a bit on the local boat market. I believe you will see inboards bumping up 6-8% next year.

I went v-drive and cannot give you an exact number but the dealer should have a little more room to move. That said, the dealer and how you will be treated after the sale will make a huge difference. That should be part of the analysis.

If your credit is good your interest rate should be excellent. Buy it, put it on auto pay and forget about it. In five years the rate of inflation is going to be higher than your interest rate IMHO.

Good Luck,

SD2

Oh, the Volvo, to quote my brother “I cannot afford to keep it.” E.g. most of its life was spent broke or being fixed with $900 water pumps. I hope that’s not your tow vehicle.

And - Saabs are a POS as well (hi Ed).
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

Ed,

that was great about the geeko.

here in ok. the lake i go to has about 5 moomba's and we hang out.

we call it the kanga gang.

I paid $32,500 for a 05 Mobius Ls DD out the door at the boat show. I have similar equipment except no perfect pass, but I got a 3yr bumper to bumper warranty on the boat. At the boat show Skier's Choice was offering 4 free options valued at around 3k. I configured my boat and my dealer took 2k off that price, then I got another 1800 plus the warranty at the boat show.

Originally posted by Dave A

I paid $32,500 for a 05 Mobius Ls DD out the door at the boat show. I have similar equipment except no perfect pass, but I got a 3yr bumper to bumper warranty on the boat. At the boat show Skier's Choice was offering 4 free options valued at around 3k. I configured my boat and my dealer took 2k off that price, then I got another 1800 plus the warranty at the boat show.
    So you're saying the msrp on your boat was around $37,000 and you paid $32,500? Did the dealer charge any frieght or prep fees? Was it $32500 before or after tax title and all that other stuff? Thanks again!

I think the boat listed for around 35,500, before tax or dealer prep. The 32,500 was tax, tag and title, out the door. I know I paid around $400 dealer prep and or freight. I essentially paid list for the boat and got the discount on the add on items. If you can wait until next year, the boat show helps alot. If you talk to you dealer before hand, he may be able to order your boat for the show, you buy it at the show and get the additional discount and then take it home. Our boat show in Alabama was in February, so it was another 3 weeks before I went and got my boat.

Disclaimer - I have nothing to base this on other than a gut feel.

I think Dave A is right if you were dealing on this boat in May. Given the fact that it is essentially August and and the 06's will be put out this month, I would think the deals would be very good. Yes the deals are good at the boat show, but my guess is that the dealers also purchase their inventory boats through boat show pricing and get the boats on the lot with those incentives.

Secondly, if you assume that prices will go up 6% on next years model, that is $2,100 on a $35,000 boat. If the model doesn't materially change and you intend on keeping the boat for awhile that is a lot of money to give up. Counterpoint is that you would not have to fork over or finance the money until next spring if you waited.

Is the boat show the only place that you can get the extended warranty?

Buy the boat. You'll like it. Having said that I bought mine at boat show this winter.

Can someone talk me out of the Gekko GTR-22?! I HATE the bow configuration, but check out this deal:

PCM Excalibur 330 HP DD
    Perfect Pass Digital Pro
    AM/FM/CD w/Remote
    Heater w/3 Snorkles
    Shower
    Tower

$26,995

I could get over the bow configuration for a deal like that, but my main concern is that since I live on LI, I'm worried that a wake from a 55' boat is gonna just swallow that thing. Has anyone here driven in any gekko gtr-22, gto-22, or gtx-22? How do they handle rough water?

Originally posted by Ed G

waterski mag rates it as a pretty good ski boat.

http://www.waterskimag.com/article.jsp?ID=9693

I have never heard of Gekko boats until you mentioned the name.

One concern I would have is, is there a dealer in your area for when it comes time for service?
    There are no dealers in my area except MC, even with the moomba I'd have to drive about 100 miles for service. My main concern with the Gekko is the low freeboard, things can get a bit hairy down here on Long Island, no offense to you lake folk, but unless you're on a great lake, you really don't know what a wave is. The idea of a 3' wave rolling over that low slung Gekko bow is enough to give me night sweats....

Originally posted by Ed G

waterski mag rates it as a pretty good ski boat.

http://www.waterskimag.com/article.jsp?ID=9693

I have never heard of Gekko boats until you mentioned the name.

One concern I would have is, is there a dealer in your area for when it comes time for service?
    There are no dealers in my area except MC, even with the moomba I'd have to drive about 100 miles for service. My main concern with the Gekko is the low freeboard, things can get a bit hairy down here on Long Island, no offense to you lake folk, but unless you're on a great lake, you really don't know what a wave is. The idea of a 3' wave rolling over that low slung Gekko bow is enough to give me night sweats....

I'm on the ocean side of LI, though the sound has its moments too. DD ski boat is the only runabout for me, just gotta find one that can handle the occasional boat wake from an 80' party boat. I'm wondering if leaving the bow cover on would provide any protection should a wave come over teh bow, or would it just collapse anyway?