Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hour meter question

When i bought my boat 2 years ago i swore there was a way to change the hour meter from the total hours on the motor to a trip type setting on a car.......now i want to sell the boat to upgrade and i cant figure out how to get the total hours to display.......any help would be appreciated.
    2005 Moomba Outback

Can anyone even tell me if im right or wrong on this???
    2005 Moomba Outback

I didn't know you could set the hour meter to track each trip. How do you do that?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

honestly, I think you're wrong. You can do that on a sea-doo, but I don't recall having a "trip timer" on the '08 OBV.

Never heard of an hour meter that could be set to a trip mode. If I recall the 2005 trip meter was part of the RPM gauge and was a rolling wheel type similar to the old odometers. Not sure how that could be set back and forth as it is all gear driven and not configurable...

Post a picture of your hour meter and we'll take a look.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

I'm totally confused. I went to the '05 owner's manual and it looks like it had a rolling hour meter vs digital?

see pg 25
    http://www.moomba.com/downloads/owne.../moomba_05.pdf

maybe need to send a PM to someone that has the same boat as you or call your dealer and/or post a pic of what you've got.

My hour meter is digital.....i also looked into my owners manual and it shows the old rolling style but mine is not. If im wrong with beuing able to do this could it have been caused by the dealer that winterizerd it with unhooking the batteries?? Thanks guys i really appreciate the help and response!!!
    2005 Moomba Outback

Just spoke to the dealer that winterized my boat......he says he is not aware of anyway to toggle the meter from total hours to a trip type setting......so now it appears like it was reset when they winterized it.......they dosconnected both my batteries, could that have done it? I sure hope not as they are a Moomba dealer and should know better. Anyone aware of how i can get the total hours of useage on the boat? Im looking to sell it to upgrade and a new buyer will want that info Thanks
    2005 Moomba Outback

Quote Originally Posted by langmotorsports View Post
    so now it appears like it was reset when they winterized it.......they dosconnected both my batteries, could that have done it? Anyone aware of how i can get the total hours of useage on the boat?
    Hooking up laptop with mefi iv,v software will give you hours......it should not reset when batteries are disconnected.

So you are saying your hour meter read 0 hrs this spring and how many have you put on it? And how many hours did it have when you bought it?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

To be honest Doc im not sure what the hour meter said this spring, i really had no reason to look or watch it until now as i am selling it to upgrade. When i bought the boat it had just over 200 hrs on it and the meter worked fine.
    2005 Moomba Outback