Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Problems filling and emptying ballast bags

Whilst i havent been using the ballast bags a lot, i seem to constantly have problems in either filling or emptying the ballast bags
    the front seems to fill, very slowly but not empty.
    the rear left seems to fill when the front fills and i cant seem to fill the rear bags seperately very well?
    is there anything simple i can do to rectify this or check what the problems are?
    or is there any easy system i can install that will help me, im not mechanically minded at all!

also, then at what level do people run the boat at to achieve a perfect wake? i board at around 22mph ish, sometimes at 23 to clean it up a little, but it would be nice to achieve a bigger wake at slightly less speed etc?

Lyndon, can you remind us what boat you have-- model and year? I think you have the older Gravity III ballast with the single fill pump and sprinkler valves. Is that right?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yea sounds like the sprinkler valve setup. Be sure all of the manual valve switches are in the off position

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

Those valves are crap. You can clean them out or replace them with these:

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Ir...lves-s/433.htm
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default thanks Kaneboats

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Lyndon, can you remind us what boat you have-- model and year? I think you have the older Gravity III ballast with the single fill pump and sprinkler valves. Is that right?
    hi, my boat is actually a late 2004 Gravity Games, XLV, and yes i think it has the old gravity 3 system, bertha i think is mentioned on there too? would that be right?

hi there , thanjs, without sounding too thick, but where abouts do these go?
    i only really know about the solenoids which i keep checking, cleaning, freeing up and greasing?
    are these easy to fit and where abouts do the go?
    thanks for your help

how do i find where these are? as i say, i know the solenoids? , they have an on and off position, i currently have them in the on position?
    but i assume this is in the valves themselves, are these by the solenoids or by the bags?
    they are very intermittent, sometimes work, most times fill but not empty easy etc

if i bought something like this, will any make of valve do or best this make? im just thinking of shipping costs to dubai etc and also would i use the one with flow control or the cheaper versions without flow control??

You don't need the flow control-- that's for turning down the flow in a sprinkler application. You want all the flow you can get for ballast. These swap out for the grey colored valves just below the solenoids you mentioned. They are a nice upgrade from the standard valves. You just disconnect the solenoid and hoses then unscrew the valves from the manifold and replace with the irritrol ones. It's an easy swap.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Also, need to check to see the pumps are working correctly or engaging when you flip the switch. I found that in some cases my pumps were not working properly because of no electric connection from the switches by the drivers seat. Months or years of sitting cause the connectors on the back to get ugly or corroded. Use an electronic connection cleaning spray and sneak one of your wife's Emory boards to clean up. The spray loosens up the junk, and the Emory board let's you get back to bare metal after just a couple of swipes. Reconnect wires and your good to go. If pumps are engaging correctly, this isn't an issue.