Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Advice for Moomba Newbie on 2007 Mobius LSV

Hello all,

I am looking to get into the all sport boat world with the boat in the link. I would love to be able to ski, wakeboard and surf with it. Talking to the owner went well and the boat seems like a good fit. Just wondering what the experts feel about this boat in terms of price and would it be a good all around sports boat for my family? Thanks for any info or concerns.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...ius-lsv-368932

Thanks
    Jeff

The LSV is a great all around boat... one of the best out there in fact. That one looks nice in pics, just be sure to check it over very well and get a demo. Price is a little high for end of season but at least in the ballpark. Any specific questions be sure to ask. Good luck and hope you end up with a Moomba soon!

Besides the obvious visual stuff, is there any couple specifics to check out during the demo? 263 hours on 6 years is on the average to low side right?

Thanks for the fast help.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    The LSV is a great all around boat... one of the best out there in fact. That one looks nice in pics, just be sure to check it over very well and get a demo. Price is a little high for end of season but at least in the ballpark. Any specific questions be sure to ask. Good luck and hope you end up with a Moomba soon!

No issues with those hours at all.

I'd ask for details about the maintenance, winterization process, storage, any warranty and out of pocket repairs, etc. How long since impeller change? Vdrive oil change? Transmission fluid change? Grill 'em on this one.

Check trailer over and make sure gap between tire and fender is equal on both sides. Ask about miles on the trailer. Look at brake rotors and make sure they are smooth.

Inspect the running gear under the boat and look for dings. Stock prop or upgrade? Check the fluids. Look very close at all vinyl and ask how it's been cleaned.

Test all the ballasts, wakeplate, cruise... all options really.

I've seen that boat on craigslist I think. Looks clean. Season is basically over for everybody around us (I'll be riding through October lol). Negotiation time, that's on the top end for price around here, especially this time of year.

Sent from my fourth replacement Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 4...
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Thats a great list. I will be ready to check all of it out. Thanks a bunch.

A couple things, I believe during the summer it was not on a hoist, but was on an interior no wake canal. Would there be any extra concerns with it not on a hoist? I know it was stored indoors during winters.

Also, it says a heater is available but needs installation. Is this a big ticket to have installed and would I want the heater? I would assume yes, but never really seen one on a boat before.

Thanks
    Jeff

Wax,

I did see another one on the same lake I think, asking 35k for 2008 at 290+ hours I believe. I think that boat was posted on here also. Not sure how the options matched up. For the one I posted, I believe he is at 34k, what would you consider a fair offer? The owner has some decent gear I may be interested in too and might make that part of the deal.

Thanks
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    I've seen that boat on craigslist I think. Looks clean. Season is basically over for everybody around us (I'll be riding through October lol). Negotiation time, that's on the top end for price around here, especially this time of year.

Sitting in the water really won't hurt the boat, but it's a pain to clean. You'll quickly be able to tell if they've maintained the hull.

Heater as in hot shower, or tube with warm air?

Jeff, it's not a deal. I saw that other boat too. Spring time, that would be a fair asking price.

I won't discuss that openly on here especially since there's a member locally selling a similar boat as you mentioned. Check your pm.

Not sure on the heater, I will check.

When you mention about being able to see issues with the hull, do you mean like fading or staining or something else?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Sitting in the water really won't hurt the boat, but it's a pain to clean. You'll quickly be able to tell if they've maintained the hull.

Heater as in hot shower, or tube with warm air?