Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Boat looks awesome Moombadaze,

Yea with more freeboard comes a taller boat in general and thuss much hardert o fit into the lower garages.

Id assume the difference in ride is simular to the Mojo in the fact that it just feels quiter, some of that is the Cats on the engine, some of it might be the way its constructed. I know the Mojo just felt more solid then my 08 LSV. The 08 always felt great and solid but the the newer ones just feel more so.

Stacy, did you get the 350 surf engine thats blue? Or the standard 345 thats black? I know teh Mojo had the blue 350 surf engine and it seemed to be quite a bit more uhmp then my 325 had.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    don't worrie, I told my dealer not to install the forks for the racks on purpose, i was hopeing the tower would fit under the garage without them--no such luck. had to remove the whole rack and then had to have my wife in the boat pulling down on the tower about 1 inch to get backed in. Going to have to mod the cable that holds the tower up when its in the down position, or remove that support and fab up a wood board support of some kind. It was very nerv racking backing into the garage and realizing it would not back in at first.

Our test drive was very short, but boy does it feel different and ride differerent compared to the 08.

taking it out tomorrow for a day of breakin. im going to also try and get pictures with it rafted up with my old 08 to show some differences, side by side.

I'll post some more photos and a longer review up shortly
    How tall is your garage? I measured on that Shadrack had in Knoxville and it was under 82" when down. This was with a level trailer.

I believe he upgraded and

I know he can't respond now b/c he's on the water right now, knocking out those pesky break-in hours.

Lucky dog!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Love the blue top deck! Nice ride!
    -Jake

That looks really good! I love the black and blue, now get to work installing all that stereo gear!

Question; in the picture you posted on facebook it looks like the tower mirror arm puts the mirror like 3' away from the windshield; is that just an optical contusion, or is it really that high? Is it the factory arm, or an aftermarket?
    2013 Outback V

Ian,

That's the Samson mirror a few of us bought thru the Bakes Marine group but JV set up. I love mine on the Mojo. It isn't too high over the windshield frame, but is significantly higher than the windshield mounted factory one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    She is a beauty! Congrats!

I'm curious about what rode so differently since it's all the same running surface.
    Thanks, the ride just feels more solid

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Absolutely beautiful! I think the wait was well worth it. She seems perfect and I can't wait to try out the surf wake. I'm going to have to make some time to get down there. Wonder what time you are hitting the water this morning to get your break in started? Maybe you should head to Lake Tarpon to do some serious cruising.
    thanks too, funny you mention Tarpon, Laurie also said we should have gone there after about the 50th lap around the lake today

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Boat looks awesome Moombadaze,

Stacy, did you get the 350 surf engine thats blue? Or the standard 345 thats black? I know teh Mojo had the blue 350 surf engine and it seemed to be quite a bit more uhmp then my 325 had.
    got the "surf motor" upgrade, after riding in Drews mojo I just knew I had to have it, the thing is a beast, it just sounds bad ass too.

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    That looks really good! I love the black and blue, now get to work installing all that stereo gear!

Question; in the picture you posted on facebook it looks like the tower mirror arm puts the mirror like 3' away from the windshield; is that just an optical contusion, or is it really that high? Is it the factory arm, or an aftermarket?
    tell me about, after haveing a aftermarket system the factory one leaves a lot to be desired, the motor really drowns the factory speakers out.

Drew was correct, its a aftermarket mirror arm, still need to fine tune the placement of it.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

]

Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

08 and 13 side by side

Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

looking forwards from the rear storage, showing the drop floor for storage under the port seat bases

Vdrive cover, looks like you could put wet gloves in the tub and the water would drain to the bilge and dry the gloves from the motor heat, anyway, thats what I think this tub is for

vdrive shot
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold