Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Making it harder for Canadians to get fair pricing on wake gear

Tried to order a Vest off Evo and noticed that they now will not ship Liquid Force outside the US anymore. Last summer I bought a LF wakeboard from them so it must have been changed recently. I talked to them about it and they said they were getting hounded by Ronix and LF about shipping orders over the boarder.

It sucks for me because anything local is a rip off and they hate to price match because they always bring up the excuse about shipping and duties, which is absurd when I can get a Vest for $100 taxes and duty included and the same thing up here is closer to $200.

Quote Originally Posted by loudsubz View Post
    Tried to order a Vest off Evo and noticed that they now will not ship Liquid Force outside the US anymore. Last summer I bought a LF wakeboard from them so it must have been changed recently. I talked to them about it and they said they were getting hounded by Ronix and LF about shipping orders over the boarder.

It sucks for me because anything local is a rip off and they hate to price match because they always bring up the excuse about shipping and duties, which is absurd when I can get a Vest for $100 taxes and duty included and the same thing up here is closer to $200.
    yep, been there..my triple x board deal was killed by duty/brokerage. unreal.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by spyder View Post
    yep, been there..my triple x board deal was killed by duty/brokerage. unreal.
    I feel your pain of the brokerage fees but there is a way around them. All you end up paying is duty and taxes which is fair.
    http://trueler.com/2010/09/13/ups-br...ting-avoid-it/

http://avoidbrokeragefee.blogspot.ca...3/welcome.html

If UPS charges a flat $10.00 brokerage fee I would be OK with it but they do abuse you with their fees IMHO.
    2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

Quote Originally Posted by Grant M View Post
    I feel your pain of the brokerage fees but there is a way around them. All you end up paying is duty and taxes which is fair.
    http://trueler.com/2010/09/13/ups-br...ting-avoid-it/

http://avoidbrokeragefee.blogspot.ca...3/welcome.html

If UPS charges a flat $10.00 brokerage fee I would be OK with it but they do abuse you with their fees IMHO.
    i know there are work arounds, but i was in a rush to get the board.. either way, i would have to be seriously inconvenienced to get to the UPS distribution place to get those papers filled.. they have horrible hours and it's about a 35 minute drive away for me.. in the end, it would of been better to save some money and just wait.. but i am impatient ;(

on a $300 board, i had $91 brokerage/duty.. INSANE! PLUS $34 SHIPPING!
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV

Look at it this way, you got a real nice board for under $500. That's not too bad!

Yea... but what black hole is that 91.00 dollars falling into. Seems excessive!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

I've shipped to canada 2x with ebay sales and both times, it cost me extra money above what I charged them for shipping for some duty bs.. seems that there's some racket to make extra money when it should be as easy as shipping an item..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I've shipped to canada 2x with ebay sales and both times, it cost me extra money above what I charged them for shipping for some duty bs.. seems that there's some racket to make extra money when it should be as easy as shipping an item..
    the racket is, UPS and all the couriers basically went and bought up all the brokerage houses. so they are basically double dipping.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    Yea... but what black hole is that 91.00 dollars falling into. Seems excessive!
    you shut your pie hole until I see a new ride in your slip!

JEEZ! Ok. I've never been quiet that long though.

see.. I already blew it.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's