Default My political manifesto rant

Watched a BarryO for reelection commercial last night and was a touch irritated...
    Wrote this

Flame on
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

My thoughts Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I could go on and on and on..

but at the end of the day taxes are my biggest frustration with the american political system...
    how is it that I pay out the nose in federal taxes and get squat back at the end of the year, but someone else that has 4 kids in my same income bracket pays almost nothing and gets $5k back??? if you choose to have kids, pay the same..

I believe that we should be on a progressive flat tax. no deductions for kids, homes, second homes, ira's and everything else. start taxing at a certain income level so as not to break the low income and progressively go up.. fair imo..

and I can say this as I don't have a political affiliation, but if you really think it's a democratic problem or a republican problem, then you are blinded by the system. they are all guilty of this "hole" the american economy and political system are in..

off my soapbox now
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

My rant is focused on the fact that we now have "professional politicians." These folks that have no real-world experience that try to set policies, regulations, laws end up not seeing the details that will allow people to manipulate and take advantage of what they believe is a fantastic idea.

On the forefront of this for me is ObamaCare. I believe as the most prosperous country in the world, all of our Citizens (note, I didn't say everyone living here) should have access to health care. But, as a business leader, I simply look at the cost of my company's current healthcare cost versus the "penalty" proposed and easily come to the conslusion that it's better for the company's bottom line to pay the penalty. The downstream effects of this course of action as frightening to me, both personally and globally. However, I get a bonus for the profit performance of the company and I am motivated to earn as much as I can to offset the increased taxes and buy my own healthcare.

Rant over.

The most efficiently run part of government is the US Post Office. You want that in charge of your health? How did we ever let it come to this?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Been a commercial banker for seventeen years. Specialized in working with government CFOs and Treasures. Generally speaking, regardless of whether they are in a position with federal, state, or local government, Executive branch finance professionals are well qualified, hard working, and committed to delivering for taxpayers.

Last seven years were spent in DC to focus on business with the federal government. Daily work took me to Capitol Hill for agency budget and oversight hearings. Rare that anything meaningful occurred. Mostly speechifying, point making, and theatre. In general, an attitude of arrogance runs rampant on both sides of the aisle. It often is coupled with a display of ignorance or lack of knowledge. Bad combination when there is a sense among a large block of House and Senate policy makers that it is up to them to fix all ills.

Kane mentions the U.S. Post Office. True that it is a troubled agency, bleeding red ink. Some of its trouble has been self-inflicted. But to a larger degree the Post Office is its troubled self because it remains controlled by Congress (and very strong unions). Credit leadership in the Post Office for implementing reform that is within its limited statutory authority and aggressively and repeatedly seeking legislative relief from Congress to more freely operate, compete, and succeed or fail as a business. So far Congress has said no, so it continues to bleed and its debt burden increases.

There was a time that I thought cream would rise to the top. In the world of elected officials, it does not. Whether Republican, Democrat, or Independent, we all need to be far more attuned to decisions we make about whom we elect to represent us in legislative bodies.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    we all need to be far more attuned to decisions we make about whom we elect to represent us in legislative bodies.
    Well said. We also need to fix the system so two parties full of idiots can't control who can get enough money to compete in an election, leaving everybody else out. Even term limits won't help this problem.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I was at a presentation from a key customer recently that is run by a pretty sharp businessman.

He commented that although we need reform from the entitlements our country hands out, sweeping changes will trouble our economy.

I'll concede a slow controlled rein in... But dang it, quit hemorrhaging cash. Ugh I mean borrowed loans.
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold