Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fat Sac Fittings

I have a 2002 Outback LS with the center sac and the rear sac. The problem that I am having is the plastic fittings will not stay on the sac. When it gets threaded on you can pull it back off. Just wondering if this is a problem others have had, and I need a fix as I am leaving for vacation and hope to use them a lot. Thank You
    Lake Bound
    2002 Moomba Outback LS
    Indmar, Carb

Default Replying to Topic 'Fat Sac Fittings'

My rear bags were doing the same thing. I found out that they were sitting in such a way that when nearly full, there was a ton of torque on the fittings. I had to move my bags around a little and found out what worked. I also find that I have to check the tightness of the fittings a lot prior to filling up.

I am having the same problem with my rear bags on my 05 Mobius LSV. My problem is exactly like NC05LSV, my fix was the same. I think the hoses aren't long enough.

Clark
    Clark

2017 Moomba Craz
    Raptor 400
    Pacific Blue / Graphite

1st - 1983 old brown boat - not sure the make
    2nd - 2001 Bayliner 185 4 cyl. Sold
    3rd - 2005 Moomba Möbius LSV. Sold

I'm new here, but a veteran at the sister Supra board.

I dont have much knowledge of ballast systems, but i just a thought. A couple wraps of teflon tape around the threads on the hoses might tighten things up just enough to keep the fittings from coming apart.

Cheers,
    DKJ

Thanks for the replies but this problem exists shen the bags are empty. It seems to me that the threads on the bags and the threads on the plastic connectors are not the same. I wish there was another solution to those water bed type connectors. Lake Bound
    Lake Bound
    2002 Moomba Outback LS
    Indmar, Carb

I've had EXACTLY the same problem. It happens several times a day, especially just before a butter run when I'm in the water, for which I have to get back into the boat! I've tried pipe tape, tightening the fittings as tight as possible and moving the bags around. I've thought about gluing the connectors to the bag but I'm afraid of pulling the hoses out of their source...if that's in fact what the problem is...I'm out of ideas.
    If movement of the bags is the issue then I'll make something to jeep them in place. But at this point it doesn't really matter "why" anymore. All I know is that they've completely defeated the purpose of having a ballast system. At least with the old hoses and pumps the bags would stay the way I set them up until I wanted them to change. Now I never know what I'm going to get for a wake until I see it.
    My dealer wants me to take some digital photos of them to send to the factory. I understand there are two manufacturers fot the rear bags. It's possible that the fittings are not the same size for both.

I think the hoses are too short causing stress on mine and causing them to pop off. If the fittings and hole in the bags are different size, that is an entirely differently problem.

It if were me and the dealer can't or won't help you, I would call Brian Raymond or Rick Tinker.

Good Luck!
    Clark

2017 Moomba Craz
    Raptor 400
    Pacific Blue / Graphite

1st - 1983 old brown boat - not sure the make
    2nd - 2001 Bayliner 185 4 cyl. Sold
    3rd - 2005 Moomba Möbius LSV. Sold

In reference to the comment about 2 different types of fittings, I think youre right. My bags dont have any threads on them neither do the hose ends. The way mine work is the hose end inserts into the bag, and there is a snap clamp that adds pressure to the fitting. Once pressure is applied, they snap into place, and I havent had a problem at all. Next time Im in the boat, Ill look at the manufacturer of the fittings.

Here are the fittings used in my boat for the ballast system; fat sac and intake.

Male side of fat sac attachment...