Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Replying to Topic 'Fat Sac Fittings'

I am having the same problem with the center bag and the portside bag. My dealer completely replaced the hose and the portside bag and I told them the same thing everyone else is saying the hoses are to short, so they made sure the hoses were long enough.

None of this worked we went out this weekend and the same thing happened all day. This has been a problem all summer. My dealer said try some teflon tape and see if that works. The fit is defintely not tight enough. I can pull them out with my hands. I have left two messages with Skiers Choice looking for a remedy. Skiers choice needs to address this problem immediately this problem is obviously not a single situation. It is obvious by the post that the tape isn't working and making the hoses longer isn't working.

Is anyone having problems with the wakeboard rakes we have 40 hours on the boat and can't even use them anymore cause the rubber is all the way to the metal. When we have a full boat I don't feel like damaging 2500.00 dollars worth of boards, so we don't even use them anymore. Still waiting from my dealer on that one also.

Just got off the phone with Moomba and my dealer. Moomba is aware of the problem with the bags and the issue was addressed with the vendor this Spring. Per Les at Moomba there is no fix but your dealer has to order the new bags and and fittings. The old fitting screwed into the bag, the new bag has the threads on the outside and the male fitting screws over the threads not down into the bag. I contacted my dealer and made him aware of this and he said he would follow up and order the new bags and fittings.

Moomba is also aware of the problem with the racks and said my dealer can order a rubber replacement for the racks.

This all took 30 minutes and I have been on my dealer for two months with these issues. HUH!!!

Clint

Fittings popped off AGAIN all weekend. They did it whether full or not...I took photos of the fittings so that my local dealer can send them in to the factory.
    At this point I've stopped using the ballast system. I bought plugs for all of my bags and I fill them MANUALLY. It's a total pain in the ass but at least I have a known product in my wake that I can count on. Up until now it's been so unreliable that my boarding started to take a hit because I never knew what kind of wake I would get, or whether I needed to shift people around the boat or check the bags...again.
    Is there such a thing as a lemon law for boats?? I've had several problems from day one.

Can you post the pics you took of the fittings that continue to pop off?