Default How to weight 04 mobius ls DD

I am wondering how everyone else is weighting their direct drive moombas. My boat came with teh stock 400# tank under the seat but I would like to integrate some more bags. I have two spare 550 pound bags that I would like to get in storage so they are not on the floor. Any ideas will help greatly.

Also, how are people reinforcing the trunk to hold ballast over the gas tank?

i dont think you would want to put a bag in the ski locker above the fuel tank...i picked up a fly high fat seat(1100 lbs) off craigslist for about 150$ and im also going to run a bag in the walk way or a bow bag(another 1100 lbs)..i have life jackets and more important gear in that locker then the spots up front..every once and a while my drive will tag a wave on his way back around to get me and take water over the front
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

I have a 2k1 Outback LS DD and I did the following:
    - Reinforced the rear locker with some pressure treated 2x12 and put 400# in there
    - Put 300# under the rear seat
    - 225# in the ski locker
    - 225# above the ski locker

I messed around with a bunch of different options and this seemed to give me the best wake at the speed that I ride (~21 - 23mph). It ended up being a pretty good 60/40 split in weight between the back and front.

Hennesdm,
    How exactly did you reinforce the rear storage. Did yousupport the 2x12 from the bottom of the Hull or did you just lay the 2x12s right over the gas tank with no supports to the bottom?

I put them straight across the beam of the boat on top of the gas tank. I took a 2x12 and ripped down a 2x10 to fit in the rear locker, I then tied them all together with 3 1x10's to raise it up off of the top of the tank.

I realize that this does not entirely relieve all pressure off of the tank, but it disperses the pressure over a larger reinforced area. I have it in all summer and have not had any issues nor noticed any kind of change to the tank when I lifted the floor up to take a look after the first few trips out.

Thanks for the info. It is good to know that the gas tank can hold up to that. I think I'm going to do it but run some supports tothe bottom of the boat as well just to be on the safe side.

I have the same boat. I run the rear tank, tube sack in the center ski locker, and an IBS. For surfing I add a 400 to the skf side on either side of the motor.
    2017 Moomba Craz

Stazi,
    what is the ibs that you run?